i

JANUARY 16, 2017, 2:04PM

"happy birthday unnie~!" the maknae shouted happily while holding a cake.

"here's our gift!" rosé handed out two paper bags with consisted of their gifts for jennie.

"aw, thank you lisa, thank you chaeyoung," jennie smiled at them and looked inside then she just chuckled.

"did you purposely buy me tons of gifts?" she noticed that there were tons of boxes, some were small and some were big.

"hm? well, the others are from jisoo-unnie," lisa mentioned.

"where is she then?" jennie asked with a hint of worry in her voice.

"unnie said that she has business to take care of, so she might come back late," chaeyoung smiled at her while lighting the candle on her cake.

jennie frowned at the fact that her girlfriend wasn't able to celebrate her birthday with the other members. so she sadly glanced at the cake brought by her dongsaengs.

"unnie, please don't be sad. it's your birthday so you must smile," pranpriya grinned, trying to make her unnie smile.

"but jisoo-" jennie just sighed in defeat when her dongsaengs pouted at her. she genuinely smiled at them.

they grinned widely as they saw a smile form on their unnie's lips. it made jennie a lot happier when she saw them smiling.

she blew the candle and suddenly her phone vibrated, signaling her that someone is calling. she excused herself and went outside.

"hello?"

"happy birthday dear, i'm sorry for not being there. i hope you forgive me."

"no, it's okay jichu, i understand anyway."

"i will come home soon anyway since i have to talk with you about... something"

"hm? about what?"

"we'll talk about it later. oh! i have to go. see you later, jendeukie."

"i love y-"

jisoo ended the call before jennie could even say those three words. she got curious on what they're going to talk about and it made her nervous. she bit her lower lip then sighed heavily. so, she just shrugged it off and went back inside.

but little did she know, her supposedly happy day won't end well.