Chapter 38: Christmas gift

Third Person's POV

"Taehyung?"

The latter looked up and saw Jieun at the door. "Oh...hey Jieun" Taehyung greeted the girl who approached him.

"She's still not waking up," Taehyung stated, turning around to his girlfriend again. "I am hoping she would wake up... I thought that this would be our first Christmas together," he added sadly.

Jieun sighed and replied, "We will just have to be patient. Who knows? she might wake up sooner or later," she says, trying to cheer up the boy.

"I hope so," Taehyung uttered. "Have you seen Chaesoo and Jungkook?" he asked, turning his head to Jieun.

"They are at the canteen, arguing what to buy," Jieun answers.

Taehyung shook his head. "Aish really... I will go check on them, alright? You stay with Chaerin first," he told Jieun but the latter stopped him, holding him down on his seat by his shoulder.

"I will go check on them. You stay here with your girlfriend," she says and walks out of the room.

----------

It was an hour before midnight and Chaerin's family are all gathered inside the room. Taehyung stayed outside.

The door opened revealing Mr. Lee. His eyes landed one Taehyung and he got surprised to see the boy still there.
"Taehyung," he called.

The latter's head turned to the man's direction. Taehyung immediately stood up and bowed. "Yes, Mr. Lee?" he asks.

"Why aren't at your home. Isn't your family going to celebrate Christmas Eve?" Mr. Lee asked him.

"I don't know," Taehyung answered, his head lowered. "Ever since Taerin left, we rarely talk to each other... And mom and dad would always get busy, maybe to lessen the pain they feel," he added.

"Still, you have to be with your family," Mr. Lee told him.

"Like I have told you, Mr. Lee, I am not sure if there would be a celebration... I am not even sure if they are home," Taehyung states. "I also want to spend my first Christmas Eve with your daughter, Mr. Lee," he adds.

"How can your sure that there really isn't any celebration?" Mrs. Lee asked him with one eyebrow raised. Taehyung's brows furrowed as he looked up to the man in front of him who is giving him a heartwarming smile. "And you could still spend your first Christmas with Chaerin tomorrow, right? Your family needs you right now. Don't worry. We'll contact you once she woke up," says Mr. Lee.

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir," Taehyung replies as he bowed 90 degrees. And Mr. Lee patted his shoulder.

"Merry Christmas, Taehyung," Mr. Lee told him.

Taehyung smiled. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lee," he replied before leaving.

He made his way out of the hospital. At first, he was walking, but there was something in him that sparked and he started to jog, then to run.

He quickly got inside the car and drove off.

He thought about Mr. Lee's words. What if he was right? What if his family really is going to celebrate Christmas Eve?

That thought filled his heart with joy that thawed the slightest amount of sadness he felt. He didn't know why but all he had in mind is to go home as soon as possible.

Taehyung parked his car in front of there mansion as he arrived then got out. It surprised him after seeing that their mansion which was plain and dull before, is now filled with every Christmas decorations he could think off. And he could also hear laughter and music coming from the inside.