Chapter 10: The First Sword [4]

"So [System] how come I'm hungry even though you... I mean Elizabeth said that eating in the spirit world would make me full in the real world?"

[This is true but since you are only level 0, your spirit world is also level 0. Meaning the more you level up, the more benefits the spirit world will give you such as decreasing your hunger in a noticeable way.]

"Oh okay. Thank you [System]."

Shen Zuobi wiped off some of the waste that emitted onto his body from cultivating the stones and began to walk back to the door.

If he consumed anymore of the stones then his family would realize that someone else was in here and he didn't want his secret to be known by anyone else yet.

Shen Zuobi while he was walking asked the system why his fatigue didn't go down even though he was just sleeping.

[When you were sleeping, I was preparing everything for you so instead of allowing my fatigue to become max, I just transferred it over to yours.]

Shen Zuobi stopped his steps before walking again. "First things first, you have [Fatigue] as in the game system [Fatigue] or just normal fatigue like a normal person? Second, why would you have it?"

[To answer your first question, I have the game [Fatigue]. To answer your second, that's because a system is just like a Re:Gamer because they have to level up and rest. Everything else I don't have to do like increase stats or eat.]

"So you're like me except washed down?"

[Correct.]

Shen Zuobi wanted to laugh at the system when it agreed that it was a washed down version of him.

Instead of doing so, Shen Zuobi shouted out the name of the skill he wanted to use while imagining the guards that past by him, "[Illusion]!"

Shen Zuobi noticed that a weird fog was forming around him. Moments later and it conceded his whole body.

The fog vanished into nothing and instead of Shen Zuobi standing there, it was one of the guards.

'I'm getting better at accessing the knowledge the [System] gave me.' Shen Zuobi smiled at the result and jumping once more, he pressed the pad. Although his appearance change, it was after all just an illusion so he didn't actually change handprints and he couldn't change his height.

The actual illusion of the guard didn't jump. It would only jump if Shen Zuobi jumped a lot higher than the height of the illusion.

When the gate-like doors opened, Shen Zuobi quickly looked at the left and right side of the hallway and seeing no one, he exited in a rushed fashion.

After the doors closed Shen Zuobi began marching in a way that he saw the guards do it by taking big firm steps each time.

Because the illusion would only move if he took a step that was the equivalent of a normal step for the guards, Shen Zuobi had to jump forward each time by pushing the foot behind the other foot off the ground.

Jumping around, Shen Zuobi began walking towards the exit based off of the directions that the system gave him.

Just as he almost reached the doors to the outdoors, a guard came up to him and asked him to halt.

"Why aren't you in your station?" The guard walked around him while observing him. Based off of the different uniform he was wearing and how it looked more expensive, the guard was probably a higher rank than him.

Thinking of an excuse in a hurry Shen Zuobi told the guard, "I was put on suspension for leaving my station. Someone just replaced me, you can ask them."