Chapter 8: The First Sword [2]

'[Open Quest Log]. Oh these all sound like rewarding quests except for "Sister's Necklace". That does sound like a good quest but I don't think it's as rewarding since the other two seems like they have higher difficulty meaning more rewards.'

[Quest Log:

Current Quests:
(no quest currently)

Available Quests:
The First Sword [Select]
Sister's Necklace [Select]
Genius Baby [Select]

Quest Room: 1/20]

'So I have to select one?'

Shen Zuobi pressed the select button for The First Sword and a new game screen popped up after another bell rung.

[The First Sword:
You are a warrior destined for great things so things that you own shouldn't be so ordinary. Go to the Church of Hevara and obtain the Divine Light. It is the strongest weapon the city has to offer you. Go and get the sword adventurer. This is your first sword. Rewards:
5 Undistributed Points, Gnome's Heart, 10 EXP [Confirm]]

Shen Zuobi immediately noticed that this quest was going to give him experience. He remembered that he was still level 0 and in order to enter level 1 he would probably need 10 EXP like most rpg games.

'I should probably choose this one since I get a weapon and a... Gnome's Heart. What in the world is that?

I know I just asked you to power off but [System], what is a Gnome's Heart?'

[rest mode off. Gnome's Heart is one of most useful item for a newcomer. It creates a shield which has the ability to block any attack from anybody that is below a Mortal Master. As to why it's called Gnome's Heart is self explanatory. It's created from the heart of a 100 years old gnome.]

'Thank's for the information. You can rest now.'

[Actually, I don't think I will because i know for a fact that I will have to turn on just moments after I turn off.]

Shen Zuobi could almost hear crickets.

He knew that the system wasn't lying but he didn't like that fact that her or it's voice made it seem like he was a baby in need of help from their mother.

'That's a little mean but okay then. [System], I'll be in my own business for a while now. Just be ready when I call on you again.'

Shen Zuobi assumed that the system was going to reply but it never did.

'Okay then.'

Just after he said that to the system, he realized that even if he did accept the quest, he would have to walk over to the church in order to complete it.

Shen Zuobi was about to call the system again but decided not to or he would just prove to the system that he was like a baby in need of a mother even though the system never said such things.

'I'll go check out the other quests for now. But how do I close this. I never said anything in order to access it.'

Shen Zuobi looked around the screen for a little bit when he noticed that on the top right of it that there was a x button.

'Is this on everything?'

He processed to close the new screen and the only thing left was the Quest Log. He looked at the top right of it and noticed that there was a x button just like the other screen.

'This is convenient. I'm more used to pressing a button rather than saying it but I will still have to open things with my mind. This makes it less convenient but still convenient.'