Chapter 17

Tonight is the night I meet the infamous Audrey for the first time officially. My dad and Audrey arranged for us to go out for a meal, because apparently a movie beforehand is not only cliche, (which we all know I hate), but it also doesn't give us a chance to get to know each other. I mean at least a movie would've given us a topic to defuse any tension, but nope, my dad wants to throw me straight in the deep end.

I look in my mirror and adjust my dress slightly, before applying the last of my make up

I look in my mirror and adjust my dress slightly, before applying the last of my make up. I rub my lips together after applying lipstick and throw it in my purse before making my way downstairs, where my dad is. When I see him I smile, as I watch him fidget with his suit and keep readjusting his tie.

"Would you like some help?" I ask and he smiles nodding, lowering his hands so I can do his tie for him.

"You look pretty." He says and I laugh.

"Don't get used to it, I've been in these heels 5 minutes and I'm just about ready to torch them." I comment, making him laugh. "There you go, dashing as ever."

"Thank you. I really hope you like Audrey and I don't want you to sat you do if you don't, I may like her, but I love you and you're my number one priority, you need to be comfortable with her too, we're a package deal and I told her that." He says and I smile.

"I'm sure with how you've described her we'll get along just fine. Shouldn't we be heading off, we have, we have 20 minutes to get to the restaurant?" I ask and he nods, before grabbing my coat for me. I say goodbye to Buster and we walk out to my dad's car and he drives us to RPM Italian, where we're meeting Audrey.

We get out of the car and walk into the restaurant, I finish up a text with Archer who wished me luck and told me if I needed to leave, he would come and get me. I see a woman wave in our direction and I immediately recognise the olive skin and long brown hair. My dad waves back and nudges me, telling me to follow him. We walk over and they kiss each other on the cheek and hug.

"Audrey, this is my daughter Channing, Channing this is Audrey." My dad introduces and I shake her hand.

"It's nice to finally meet you Channing." She says.

"And you, since I saw you sneaking out of my house a few days ago." I joke.

"Yeah, sorry about that." She apologises.

"It's fine don't worry about it." I assure her and we all sit down and look at the menu. After a minutes, Audrey looks up.

"So, Channing tell me a little about yourself. With how your dad describes you, it seems like you're an amazing young woman." She smiles.

"I have my flaws. But, I guess you could say I'm the female version of him basically." I compare and my dad smiles even bigger and Audrey lets out a giggle. The waiter comes over and takes our orders, before we continue talking.

"You're a Senior in high school right?" She asks.

"Yeah, counting down the days until I graduate." I answer.