Chapter seventeen

Your POV

I ducked down. The bullets rushed above our heads while we heard people screaming. Someone behind me got hit and fell on the ground. I rushed over to him to check but the bullet went through his whole body, no matter how much I would try to help him he would eventually bleed to death. What the hell is happening?

I tried to get away without being seen, so I crawled through the wounded, behind the tables and still searching the others. They seemed to have run away but I couldn't find one of them through all the chaos. I saw someone crying for help, I didn't know what to do I had nothing with me and the only thought that I had was 'Try to get away as fast as you can.' Suddenly I felt something pointed at my head. I immediately knew there was someone holding a gun to the back of my head. I put my hands up and turned around very slowly, my heart was racing. My heart missed a beat when I looked straight into the barrel of the gun. The man who held the gun, dressed in one of those WICKED uniforms, recognised me as one of the fugitives. "I have got one!" He said to himself and he tried to shout to one of his colleagues. But when he turned his head around someone from the back jumped on him and knocked him out immediately. When my rescuer lifted his head I looked right into the eyes of Thomas.

"Oh my god Thomas! I'm so glad I found you." I ran up to him and he took me in his arms. "Have you seen the others?" He asked. "No, I found you - well you found me but I haven't seen the others. What are we going to do?" A bullet rushed into the wall behind me so we ducked down again and hid behind a table. "Get the hell out of this place" Thomas said. He took my hand and we ran towards the head door but ofcourse there were people standing there guarding the entrance. "Shit, how obvious. Do you have any idea how we get out of this place?" Think, think, think. Ideas were running through my mind but nothing seemed to make any sense. I knew Thomas was looking at me hopefully which made me feeling very unsure and uncomfortable. I did have an idea but the question was, is it possible? "Okay maybe we can take the uniforms off the dead guards..? We can also break through a window but I'm afraid I have no idea where, because I've never been here before and it makes too much noise." He nodded. "I guess your first idea makes sense, to add you can't see or recognise the guards." The uniform the guards wore, also covered the face and head in case of great danger.

We crawled back to the corner of the club and found the guard who had attacked me. There was one problem: there was just one piece of equipment. "Okay I know this will be scary but you have to trust me y/n." I looked at him, he held my arms and looked with his beautiful dark brown eyes into mine. I melted instantly, at the same time I was scared. But I also felt like I could trust him. I nodded, and as he saw my fear he took me in his arms en hugged me tightly. It seemed weird because we only met shortly but it felt like we knew each other for years, I was already very comfortable around him. He took off the uniform and put it on top of his own clothes. When he was done changing, he was unrecognisable. He grabbed me and stood up to walk straight to the main entrance...

My heart was racing and almost coming out of my chest. I was terrified that they would take me and kill me or do worse things, like torture. We came closer and guards looked up to see me and Thomas walking up to them. "What have you brought here?" One of them asked, probably the leader of this mission. Uhm excuse me, I'm still a who.. "I caught one of the teenagers that escaped from us.." He said. "Ah that's right.." The man came closer to me. He was bald, and his big blue eyes staring at me made me shivering. "What a beautiful girl we have here... Sadly you tried to escape otherwise I would be very kind to you..." Next thing he did was slapping me on the face, for a moment I blacked out. I felt Thomas tightening his grip around my right arm. "I will take her outside." Thomas said and we walked through the guards to the door. "Wait a minute... who are you? Take of your helmet, right now." He demanded. We stood still. "Run. NOW!"