Chapter seven

The next day you woke up you jumped out of your hammock immediately. You walked towards Sonya who was awake too. "Hi Sonya, what are we going to do today?" you asked curiously. "Wow you're up early this morning! What do you mean?" "Well.. You know.. The metal thing we found yesterday? Are we going to do something with it??" "Oh y/n I'm sorry but we don't even know what it is so what do you want to do? And you need to take a day off because you look exhausted." " I'm just so curious!" She sighed "Y/n, please rest a bit longer and relax today, you did too much." You walked away angry that Sonya didn't allow you to do anything.

You picked up your bow and arrows and walked to the open place in the woods. You practiced your archery skills and after a while you decided to walk back not knowing what to do that day. You didn't pay attention and bumped into Aris who was daydreaming too. "Oh sorry y/n!" He saw your sad face. "Hey what's the matter?" You sighed. "Well Sonya and I found a metal thing yesterday in the maze and I want to know what it means but she wants me to take a free day.." "Mmm wel I know something to make you laugh..." He smirked at your confused face. "Am I supposed to be scared?" You chuckled.

"..So you want to pull a prank Rose?" "Yup." He said. "And you're sure she won't get angry?" "Oh she will. But she'll understand it." "Well why not." Aris told you the plan. "Okay so I'll get her to the med jacks so you can pull all the water over her." "So you want me to  pretend to be injured?" "Yes and then she will come to look for you and then SPLASH." You laughed. "She is not going to like this."

Aris ran over to the garden when you placed the bucked with water above the door. "Rose, rose!" Rose turned around looking worried. "What is it Aris?" "You need to come to the med jacks y/n is injured!" "What?! What happened??" "Just follow me!" They ran towards the med jacks and when Rose came in you immediately pulled the bucket full of water over Rose and it all splashed over her and suddenly she began to laugh very loud. "Huh aren't you angry?" You chuckled at her sudden reaction. "NO! You got me!!" She laughed. "But I'm going to get you guys back!"

You guys talked all day and the day wasn't that bad after all thanks to Aris. You were tired and went to your hammock. You immediately fell asleep and had a dreamless sleep...

Suddenly you heard someone calling your name. "Y/n! Y/n please wake up!" You opened your eyes and you saw Rose was the one who waked you up, she looked so scared so you looked around. You couldn't believe your eyes and you didn't realise what was happening. Everywhere was fire and gladers running towards the woods. "Come on y/n!! We need to get away!!" She yelled at you. You got up and before you ran after Rose you picked your bow and arrows. "ROSE! What the hell is happening??" You yelled. Rose didn't have to answer because you already heard the loud growl your heard before..

"Grievers.. Oh.. No.." You said. "There is no time y/n! Come on!" "Where is Aris?? Is everyone alright??" "It doesn't matter y/n! If you go back you will get yourself killed!!" You didn't know what to do.. You saw Rose running further but you couldn't run further not knowing the others aren't safe. So you ran back. The dumbest idea ever..

You ran back to the Glade and you saw grievers chasing the gladers who were in panic not knowing what to do. You ran to some Gladers. "Come on run into the woods!! You'll be safer!!" They did what you told them and then you saw a griever running after.. Sonya.  You immediately ran towards her and shoot an arrow right into the griever. And it obviously turned to you so you shot another arrow this time into one of his eyes. It screamed out of pain a lot louder than its growl. You immediately took Sonya's hand and ran away from the griever. "What the f*k y/n?! You shouldn't be here!" "If I didn't you were dead right now." She sighed. "Thank you for rescueing me but you should have thought about saving yourself first." You didn't reply and looked around you looking if there were any other gladers in trouble.

You suddenly saw Aris right in the middle of the glade calling your name. "Y/N!!? Y/N?!!" He looked frightened and full of panic. "Shit! What is he doing!!" Sonya tried to stop you from running towards him but you were too fast and ran towards Aris but suddenly a griever ran towards him and picked him up trying to kill him. "NO!" You shot the arrow at the griever and it let go of Aris who passed out and it suddenly ran back to the maze with all the other grievers like their mission was completed. You ran over to him. "Aris!! Wake up please!! Please Aris!" You cried not wanting him to die...

A/n: I'm so so sorry for not updating! It's because I'm very busy with school and now I have a holiday so I hope I'll update faster! Again sorry for not updating 😁 X