Chapter twelve: The Escape p. 1

It was night. And you just couldn't sleep because you were so nervous. You thought about anything that could possibly go wrong and it made you more and more nervous. You were the one who made the difference between life and death. If I don't get the card no one can escape.. you thought. No I need to be focused and trying not to think about everything. You remembered the moment Gally told you that only you and Sonya, Aris and the other girls can escape, you had to agree with this otherwise everything could go wrong with the plan. A selfish but necessary decision. Your plan tomorrow was to tell the other girls and Aris about the escape and to talk more with Gally. You realised you were extremely tired and you finally fell asleep.

"Y/n! Wake up!" You slowly opened your eyes to see who it was, Aris. "No please let me sleep.." You replied as you turned away from him. "Wait what time is it?" You asked. "Well you missed breakfast but.." You immediately opened your eyes and got up feeling a bit dizzy."What? You already had breakfast?""Yeah we thought we let you sleep a bit longer because you didn't wake up. But no worries everyone is just relaxing now." He said. "No worries?! I have to talk to Gally and.." Aris looked very confused. Ofcourse he was confused you didn't tell anyone yet about him. "Oh yeah I have to tell you something Aris.." You checked around you for cameras and so you told him about the first night when you met up with Vince in the vent and about Gally. "Woah... I don't know what to say I mean we are not going home if we stay here?" He asked. "No.. I have no idea what will happen if we stay here but Vince says they use us for some kind of experiments." "Okay I trust you so I believe you." You sighed in relief. "Thanks, so that's the reason why I need to go to Gally right now because the people here need to believe that I care about him so it's not suspicious." You told him. "Right, and when are you going to tell the others about this? Wait how do we take everyone with us?" "Well that is the problem.. We can't take everyone with us.. Only me, you and the other girls." He sighed.

After the conversation with Aris you tried to find Gally. Aris agreed with the plan but he hated the idea of leaving everyone else behind here, at the same time he knew that it could not be changed and leaving you behind was not an option. You finally found Gally and talked a bit more about each others time in the Maze.

Janson's POV

"Janson you need to look at this." Vince, one of my men came in and showed me a tablet with one of the cameras we have around. It showed Y/N and Gally talking and laughing together. "So? What's the matter?" I replied. "Well they seem to get on with each other very well.. Is this a problem?" "No it isn't. We'll soon find out what makes her immune to the flare I just feel it, she is important." I thought about her working here for the first time...

Flashback Janson's POV

I walked into the laboratory picking up a few documents of the first maze results. I was reading them when suddenly a girl around 16 came up to me and said: "Hi I'm new here and chancellor Paige told me to go to you." She reached out her hand and I shook it. "Hello I'm Janson the assistent director of this research." "I'm y/n." She said. "Well because it's your first time here I'll show you around."

After that she met some other teenagers and Ava Paige walked up to me. "So you brought in a new girl?" I said. "Yes, she is immune and the results showed some strange things but I still don't know what. I want her into the trials soon, she is important." She said and she walked away.

End of flashback

"So what do you want me to do?" He asked. "Just keep an eye on her nothing else she will be on the list soon." And with that he left the room.

Your POV

You and Gally walked to another room without cameras and talked further. "So back to the plan. How are we going to escape without the others to notice?" You asked. "Vince will get you and the others on the list and with the card you escape and you know the rest of it." "Ah okay. Yes I know the Right Arm will wait for us outside with a few vehicles so we can escape." He nodded. "Oh and y/n do not forget that if Vince and I don't make it at the time you need to leave." You nodded. "No promise me." He said looking straight into your E/C eyes. You hestitated but said:"I promise." "Good. I'm going to my room and I don't know when I can talk to you again but be cautious and only tell the others out of sight." He walked away but turned around. "Oh and remember I don't know when it's going to happen so be prepared."

You went back to your room to check on the others. You opened the door to see all the girls listening to Aris. "Ah there she is. Y/n I asked everyone to come here because the cameras are like everywhere.." Everyone looked at you what made you feel very uncomfortable. "So... I don't know what Aris told you but there is something that I need to tell you." You were interrupted by Sonya: "Y/n is this about the night you were gone? I don't know what you did that night but you are hiding something.." She said. "Just listen to me so I can explain." So you told them everything you told Aris and about today. "So we all need to be prepared because only Vince knows when we can escape." Everyone looked at you with widened eyes. "So everything here, is a trap?" You know what she meant. "Okay I know this all seems weird but I trust Vince. I know he is speaking the truth." "I trust you." Someone said. "So do I!" Aris said. Everyone seemed convinced and agreed with the plan.

A/n: Oh my sorry sorry that this chapter is finally there. It was deleted like 2 times and the last time I luckily got it back so here it is. I hope you enjoyed like I did to write it and thank you so so much for all the reads and the 215 votes!!