Chapter two

Rose gave you a tour through the Glade and told you about the Maze, the Runners, Med-Jacks, Sloppers, Builders and all the other jobs. "What do you do when you are a runner?" You asked curiously. "You will go into The Maze and map out every single wall and detail in it so we get out of it soon." "And how long have you all been searching now?" "Ehm like 18 months or something." "18 months??!! Gosh is the Maze so huge?" "I don't know.. You should ask the Runners." "I want to be a Runner!" You said confidently of your decision.

"Are you sure?? It's very dangerous out there! If you don't get back from the Maze before the doors are closing you need to survive a night and I'm sure that won't be easy.." Rose said. "Why not? Why would it be so dangerous?" "Because the Maze changes every night and some people told me that there were big, scary, metal beasts walking there, we call them Grievers." "But still.. I'm so curious about my past and who I am and why we are here. I just have so many questions and I want to answer them." "Yeah I understand.. But I'm not risking my life as long as I'm safe here." She said. You still wanted to be a Runner so you said:"It might be dangerous and risking, but I'm going to try to get us all out. What do I need to do to become one?" "You need to go to Jane, the keeper of the Runners." She pointed at someone with long brown hair. "Okay! Do you mind if I go to her?" You asked. "No of course not! Go and ask her." She chuckled. You stood up and walked to the girl with long brown hair, she was quite tall and had big brown eyes.

"Hey, you must be Jane!" "Yeah, you are new aren't ya?" "Yes and Rose told me that you are the keeper of the runners, and I really want to become one." "You want to be a runner?" She began to laugh. "Yeah what's so funny about that?" "No one is excited to be a runner but why not? Tomorrow training. Exactly here at 6AM." She said. "Okay!" You said with excitement and you walked back to Rose.

After Rose set up your hammock next to hers you both walked to the tables where everyone eats. You ate your vegetables with meat and talked more about the Glade and the other girls. "How long have you been here?" "Ehm like 4 months I think." "Who was the first girl who showed up? And why are there only girls?" "The first girl was Sonya and I don't know ask the ones who put us here." And when she said that you suddenly remembered the word WCKD on the walls in the box. "Ehm Rose, do you know something about WCKD?" You asked. "WCKD? What is that? Where did you see that?" "On the walls in the box where I showed up." "Really? I haven't seen that" "Maybe it means something... Maybe it is a brand or an organisation I don't know." "Yeah it could be but we can't do anything with that name, I mean none of us knows more than their name." "Yeah you're right." You just wanted more answers and couldn't wait until your training.

After dinner you and Rose sat by the campfire and talked a bit more. Suddenly you heard a loud scream. "Wait what was that?!" You began to panic a bit. "That, was a Griever." "That was a Griever?! It sounded like someone who died in so much pain." "I know it's not a nice sound but you get used to it." You looked up at the stars and you were wondering what the outside looks like and what your family is doing at the moment, if you had a family.

After some hours you and Rose went to your hammocks. "Goodnight Y/N." She said and she yawned. "Goodnight Rose." After a few minutes Rose was already asleep but you just couldn't sleep because of the sound of the Grievers and the Maze, but after a while you finally fell asleep.

A/N: Second chapter! Hope you liked it! Will Y/N become a Runner? You'll see it in the next chapter ;) and should I post the story on Quotev too?