Chapter eight

"Please Aris!! Don't die wake up please!" He suddenly woke up breathing really fast and you sighed out of relief. The other girls came back to the Glade and you and Sonya carried Aris to the medjacks. "He will be okay y/n, don't worry too much." "I know he will but the thing is I don't know what to do anymore. I mean what if the grievers will come again tomorrow night? We need to find a way out of this sucking maze right now." She sighed "I'm going to check the others." You watched Aris falling asleep and you stayed with him the whole night thinking about a way out.

You woke up on the side of the bed Aris was sleeping on. You stood up and walked out of the medjacks. You looked at the damage the grievers made that night. Many buildings were still on fire and the gladers tried to put out the fire. You asked some gladers where Rose was but you suddenly bumped into her. "Rose! You are still alive thank god!" She didn't look very happy. "Where were you?? I thought you ran behind me but when I looked behind me you were gone!" "I'm sorry Rose.. I couldn't ran after you leaving the others behind." She sighed. "It's okay but do you understand that I was extremely worried?" "Yes I do I'm sorry." "Oh and I heard what happened to Aris how is he doing?" "He is okay I think. I'm going to look if he woke up, want to come with me?" She nodded.

You walked with Rose to the medjacks and you saw that Aris woke up. "Aris you are awake! How are you feeling?" "I feel okay. My body hurts a bit but I'm okay." Suddenly Sonya walked in. "Y/n can I talk to you?" "Sure." You followed Sonya out of the medjacks and she began to talk. "I thought about what you said and I made a decision. I want to take the metal thing into the maze to look for a way out and I want you to come with me." "Well when are we going?" You said. "Right now."

You packed everything you needed and brought your bow and arrows too. "I'm ready." "Good." You and Sonya ran into the maze with the metal thing. It was still making the bleeping sound. When you ran deeper in the maze it suddenly began to bleep faster. "Huh y/n hear this." You walked closer to her and you heard it too. You looked around and you saw you were close to one of the sections who was open. "I know where we need to go." She followed your gaze and she looked worried. "We never explored the sections." "Well then this is the first time." You ran with Sonya towards section 5 cautiously and when you arrived there you saw big walls and two cliffs on the left side and the right side and at the end there was one big wall with number 5 on it. Sonya looked at the metal thing that was bleeping faster and faster as you walked further.

You arrived at the big wall and the red light on the metal thing suddenly became green and the wall shoved up and your eyes widened. You saw a secret round passageway and you immediately walked towards it. But suddenly the wall behind you began to close. "Y/n we need to get away right now." You ran with Sonya back to the glade. And you immediately ran to the medjacks to tell what you guys found while Sonya was telling the others to meet up to tell the news to them too.

When the girls all arrived Sonya began to talk. "Girls we finally found a way out of this maze. Y/n and I went into the maze with this thing." She held up the metal thing to show it to everyone. "And when we came deeper in the maze it bleeped faster. We looked around us and we saw that we stood right in front of section 5. So we looked in the section and found a secret passageway to get us out." Suddenly Jane stepped out of the crowd. "How do you know it doesn't lead us towards the place the grievers hide?" "We don't." Sonya said honestly. "But it's the only passage that there is in this whole maze and you know that too." "Yes it is but if it is the hole of the grievers we are all dead. Maybe there is no way ouf of this maze and is this the place where we should be." You looked at Jane. What is wrong with her? You thought. "Do you want to stay here or something?" You asked her. "Well why should we take such a big risk like that? And because of you the grievers came last night!! Because you arrived we are all going to die!" She yelled. "Stop! Jane what is wrong with you?! Well if you don't want to come with us you stay here. Who is joining us?" Rose and Aris immediately walked over to your side and some other girls to. "This is crazy! You all are killing yourself!" Jane said. "She! She wants you guys to kill yourself!" She pointed at you.

"What?!" You said. "Don't respond to her she doesn't know what she is doing." Sonya said. "Okay the ones who come with us follow me!" You followed Sonya into the maze while you helped Aris. What happened to Jane?? You thought. When you arrived at section 5 the wall shoved up immediately. But suddenly you heard a loud growl behind you. You turned around. A griever. Again.

The girls began to panic, the secret passageway began to open. "GUYS RAN TOWARDS THAT DOOR!" They did what you said and you, Sonya and some other girls fought the griever with the weapons you guys brought but the wall began to close. "Y/n!! It's closing!" Sonya yelled. You saw it too. "RUN!!" You yelled. You ran as fast as you could and ran into the passageway...

A/n: We are near to the end of the first part of my book! The next chapter is about escaping and the following chapters about the Scorch and Thomas pov will be in those chapters too! Hope you guys liked it! Xx