Chapter fifteen

Previously: Janson was 50 meters away from you Gally and Vince and as soon he saw what Vince did, he ran towards you guys trying to stop you. The gate began to close and luckily it close right before Janson and the guards got there. You sighed out of relief. "Come on, we need to move they can still catch us if we don't move quickly..."

You ran with Gally and Vince through the halls and when you got out of the building you felt the sun burning on your skin. Unfortunately it was day, they could find you quickly so there were two options: - search for a vehicle or something like that or - get away as fast as you can to hide until it's night. "Don't you have something where we can get away with?" You asked. "No.. Unfortunately that is not an option.. We wanted to guarantee our safety and freedom so we used all the vehicles and we made sure they can't find us." "So.. The only thing we can do is run away as quickly as we can and maybe find something to hide?" "Uhm yeah that is the idea." You looked around and the only thing you saw was sand. So. Much. Sand. "Come on." Gally said.

After a while you just needed to rest. You couldn't walk further anymore, you were so tired of all the excitement and the effort. "Guys.. Please.. I need to rest a little bit I just can't..." You said. Vince looked behind him. "I don't really want to stop but I see you need some rest." Vince said. You sat down in the sand and drank some water you brought with you. You realised it was going to be difficult to stay alive because of the shortage of water and food you guys had. You wondered where the others were, you hoped they were alright and they almost reached their destination. You felt guilt by leaving them alone but at the same time you couldn't leave Gally and Vince alone, You thought that that would give you more regret and guilt than choosing to stay with the others. "Vince do you know where we are heading to?" You asked. "There is a city not very far from here so my idea was to go there and to look for help." "Are there more people from the Right Arm there Vince?" Gally asked. "I haven't been there in months so I don't know.. I do know a place where we can find them, but first we need to get to the city." Vince stood up and packed his stuff. "Come on we need to move." You and Gally got up too and walked further through the sandy desert.

You walked for days through the desert. You woke up, you walked and walked and walked then you rested a bit before you could walk further and at night you tried to get your sleep. You hadn't talked to Gally nor Vince much so you decided to talk to Gally a bit.

"Gally can I ask you something?" "Sure." "What happened with you in the maze?" He sighed. "I wasn't that kind to everyone and I did some stupid things... I got stung by a Griever and went mad, I attempted to kill someone but ended up shooting the wrong person and being wounded myself. I didn't die because WCKD came just in time and healed me." "I've experienced something like that too... I had a good friend Jane, she got stung too and went through the same thing, she shot my best friend too... I miss her so much. She didn't deserve to die, she was so kind and always helping others." "I'm sorry to hear that... I feel guilty but at the same time I wasn't myself." "Yeah I get that.. But if you're alive is there a chance that she is also alive?" "That's possible yeah... It depends whether she is immune or not. Do you hope she is?" "I don't know.. She was such a good friend but I think I can't take it. Thinking about Rose everytime she is around." You explained. You talked a bit more about your time in the maze and your thoughts about WCKD when Vince suddenly stopped walking. "Guys, look!"

You looked around and you saw within 2 miles a city lighten up. "We almost reached the city guys! When we get there I want to speak to Marcus. He has a club in the city and if he is there I hope he has got some news about the kids." You sighed of relief. Thank god we finally arrived 'somewhere'. You walked faster because of the excitement.

You got closer to the city, the city consisted of crooked buildings, broken glass and collapsed flats. "Jeez the city is messed up.." You said. "Do people actually live here?" You asked. "They can't go anywhere else. People live a dangerous life here, there are not many supplies and the city is the best chance to get food and water." You finally arrived at the city, you walked behind Vince and Gally  and you saw some people walking by. A woman walked with her child, she had covered her long brown hair under a cloth. She wore dirty clothes and looked poor and unhealthy. You felt so bad for these people. There were a lot of people outside standing by a fire or talking with each other. You arrived at a place that looked like a club. "Guys this is the place Marcus should be." Vince said.

Thomas POV

I felt so dizzy.. What was that drink that guy gave to me and Brenda before we got into this club? The music was so loud and the only thing I saw were dancing people and lights flickering in my eyes. Where is everyone? Where do I need to look?  Everyone seemed to be in a trance, the man from before stood in the corner laughing at me. Suddenly I saw Brenda coming towards me "They're not here Thomas... Marcus is also not here... They're gone.. We should just relax a little bit..." She came closer to me, I looked confused at her. "How? What do you mean?" "Like this.." Brenda leaned towards me and kissed me. I didn't realise what I was doing but after a while I saw Y/N popping up in my head. I pushed her away and said. "You're not her." She looked disappointed but not long after that I felt that I was losing my consciousness and I fell on the ground...

A/N: Yass Thomas arrived in the storyy! Finally a new update... Y/N will meet Thomas in the next chapterr ;)