Chapter four

"Y/n wake uppp!" Jane said. You woke up sweating and scared, who was the male voice?! "Why are you so sweating? We need to go into the maze, I'll get your backpack." She walked away. Again that weird frightening dream.. You got up at the same time Jane came back. "Here put this on, there is water in it and some food." "How long will we be away?" You asked while you put your backpack on. "Probably half a day until the doors will close." You arrived at the big walls and you looked behind you for the last time before you walked in. "Come on!" Jane said.

You ran with Jane through the maze until you reached a big wall with a number on it. "What's that??" You pointed at the wall. "Those are the sections. The maze changes every night right?" You nodded. "Well every time one section will open and it's the same pattern every week, it's the place where the grievers are." "Have you ever looked in it?" "No not really, we tried but there always was a griever." "Hmm okay." "We need to go back now before the doors are closing." Jane said.

You ran behind her back to the glade. And fortunately the doors weren't closed. You and Jane went to the map room where every wall, path and section is drown in maps. "Wow you have much discovered about the maze." "Yeah we did..." "But?" "We still haven't found anything.. And you need to know something." "What?" "We think there is no way out." You were shocked. "But.. But.. There can't be no way.. There has to be something we missed!" "No y/n.. There isn't.." At that moment you lost your hope a bit. How can't there be a way out? There has to be! And I'm going to find it!

"Have you ever tried to break a wall?" "Yup we did." You tried to think about more ways to get out of the maze. "And climb on a wall?" "The veins don't reach the ground." "And.." "YES WE TRIED IT." She stopped walking and turned around "Y/n trust me.. We thought about getting out for 18 months and we tried everything. But nothing worked." She walked away and you sighed. I'm going to find Rose.

The first thing you thought about was the garden. And you thought right she was there. "Hi Rose.." "Hey y/n! Why so sad?" You sighed. "Can I talk to you?" "Ofcourse!" She looked confused but tried to act normal. You sat down by a tree and looked at her seeing her worried and confused face. "Can I trust you?" "Ofcourse you can! Please y/n tell me what's going on." Now more with a serious tone. "Well I went into the maze and back in the maproom Jane told me something.. She said that there might be no way out."

She looked shocked like you did when Jane told you. "What?? Are you serious?" She almost yelled. "Shh! No one knows this and please don't tell anyone else." "I won't but please y/n can you promise me you'll find a way out?" You looked down, how can you promise something big like that? So you said: "I will try everything I can to get us out." She smiled a bit. "Come on we need to eat something."

When you ate your food there was a bit an awkward silence. Normal you two make jokes and talk about how life would be out of the maze, but now it just was, different. You maybe even won't get out and that made you even more scared. After dinner you took your bow and arrow to practice a bit more. Maybe we need to go into the maze at night. It might be very dangerous but no one ever has been in the maze at night and survived. Maybe I can bring my bow and arrow tomorrow. You got better at archery and learned some new tricks.

After a while it became dark and you lied down in the grass and looked up at the sky full of bright stars. You took deep breathes and relaxed a bit thinking about nothing just you, the trees and the sky full of stars. Suddenly you heard some yelling coming from the glade. You got up and ran back.

You saw the big group full of girls standing around the box just like the day you came. Huh? Why is the box coming up? You tried to see what was happening and as soon as you could see the box you gasped.

A boy?? Why a boy and why at night? You thought.

He came out of the box and ran towards the woods. Many girls thought he wouldn't make it but he almost did so you already ran after him and pinned him to the ground not wanting him to go into the deep woods. "Hey hey calm down!" He relaxed and you helped him up. "Hey my name is y/n and you are in the glade don't worry we won't hurt you!" He looked around your age pretty tall with short dark hair. "Hi y/n. My name is Aris." You saw that he checked you out so you chuckled. "Well hello Aris come I'll answer all your questions because I know you have a lot, I've been through the same." You said.

A/n: sorry that you guys needed to wait so long but here is the new chapter! I love writing this book and the next chapters will be more exciting. What do you guys think will happen next? ;) xx