Chapter nine

Suddenly it became totally dark. You felt a little claustrophobic because of the small room and the darkness around you "Guys! Find a door or something!" You said. "I'm trying... Uhmm.. Yeah! I think I found something." Someone said. Suddenly a door opened and you put your hands in front of your eyes because of the sudden light. You and the other girls walked out of the dark room and you saw you were standing in a big hall and the lights flickered on one by one. "And what do we do now? Left or right?" Aris said. "We go right. If there is nothing there we try the other way." Sonya replied. You could see she is a real leader, she makes good decisions and she can make everyone feel comfortable in a dangerous situation. You walked with the group through the hall and you saw a door. With 'Exit' on it. "Exit? Really?" Rose said. You chuckled. "Let's find out what's behind it."

You opened the door and you walked into a hall again with dead people everywhere.. Shot down... But by who? You walked further into a room with broken glass all over the ground, dead people and... A big screen with a video on it. "Can someone play that video?" Sonya said. You walked over to a computer with the same screen and you clicked on play. "Hello I'm Ava Paige. If you're watching this, you succesfully succeeded the maze trials. You all might be confused, angry or frightened. But all of this happened for a reason. You don't remember but a long time ago the sun damaged our world... Fire burnt everything down. But that wasn't the only thing. There is a virus, that attacks the brains of humans, millions of people died. We thought we couldn't find a cure but then we found something. We knew it wouldn't be easy, but if we used young people for research we could someway create people who are immune to the Flare. That's why we created an organisation called WICKED. The only problem is many people are against WICKED." You saw on the video people with guns running and shooting people down behind Ava Paige. "You need to know that you guys are very important, and remember, WICKED is good." Then she placed a gun on her head and pulled over the trigger, everyone gasped. You immediately looked behind you and you saw Ava Paige lying on the ground, dead...

"What now?" Someone asked. Everyone looked at you and Sonya what made you feel uncomfortable. "I-I-I don't know." You said. Suddenly another door opened like an answer to your question. "Come on we need to get out of here." You wanted to walk towards the door but... "STOP!" Someone said. You turned around and you froze. There was Jane.. She pointed a gun at you. "J-jane? How??" You tried to walk over to her but you felt an arm on your shoulder. "Don't she has been stung." Sonya said. "Remember the night we survived in the maze? Remember you pulled me up trying to keep me 'safe'? Well a griever did see me and I got stung and then through the changing I saw what you did..! With someonelse too! You did this all!" She yelled.

Sonya pulled up a spear and threw it right into Jane but at the same time she pulled over the trigger.. You didn't feel any pain so you looked down for any injuries. Then you saw Rose lying on the ground being shot by Jane... You immediately begged down putting her head on your lap "NO NO ROSE! DON'T LEAVE ME PLEASE! I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!" You cried. "Yes you can y/n look at me." You did what she said and you saw her trying to smile at you. "Don't cry please it's okay. You can do this with.." She coughed and tried to breathe. ".. The others." She laid down her head and breathed out her last breath..

"No no Rose why did you leave me?!" You cried. You felt so dizzy and so sick, you felt so empty like something was taken from you. The only thing you could do was crying, only crying. Suddenly people with guns ran into the room and led everyone out. They grabbed your arms and tried to take you away from Rose but you tried to struggle out of there grip. They were too strong and took you away from her.

When you were outside you could feel the warm sun burning on your skin. They led you to a helicopter still holding your arms because of your struggling. Then you gave up and sat down into the helicopter leaving the maze...

A/n: last chapter of the maze. The scorch is next! This is not a long chapter so sorry for that but I hoped you liked it!