I have breakfast with my family. Mum has prepared all my favourite breakfast foods. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, hash browns, toast. Yum. I can't eat much though, because I am feeling really nervous. What will my co-workers be like? What will Zaid be like as my boss? I hope the day goes by easily, and that I don't mess up in any way. Knowing how clumsy I am, though...

'Don't worry, Zara. You'll be amazing, dear. Good luck!' Mum says to me cheerfully.

I thank her. "Thanks Mum, I hope so."

Dad drops me off at the office and I reach at 8:45am. On time, thank god.

I head to reception, and the kind receptionist hands me my ID badge. 'Good luck for your first day, dear!'

"Thank you so much!" I say, smiling, before heading to the lifts.

Five minutes later, I am on the 7th floor, walking to Zaid's cabin when my phone vibrates from inside my purse. I take it out. It's a text from Hafsa.

Hafsa: good luck for your first day babe!! If bhai is mean, tell me and I'll sort him out for you! Love you loads xxx

I smile, before sending her a reply.

Me: Thank you so much sweetie! And don't worry about it, he's allowed to be a little mean, he's the boss! Love you too xxx

I place my phone back into my purse and knock on his office door.

"Come in!" I hear his deep, husky voice from inside. His voice sends a weird sensation through me. Weird, but good.

I open the door and enter. He looks up at me from his laptop screen and gives me a small smile.

"9:55am, good. Come in, take a seat" he says, looking at me.

I walk to his desk and take a seat opposite him.

"Miss Ahmed, are you ready to start work?" He asks, his gaze on me.

I nod.

"Good. Before we get started, there are a few things I need to tell you. Whenever you need anything, whenever you need any help or anything, ring the buzzer on your desk and you'll speak to me. When your buzzer rings, please answer it immediately. It's a bit warm in here, don't you think Miss Ahmed? Take your coat off if you wish."

I nod, taking off my coat and placing it across my lap. Zaid looks at me with a smirk playing on his lips. He takes off his own blazer. Gosh. Wow. He's so...muscular. His tight white button-up shirt is clinging to him, showing off his perfectly toned body. When he moves his arm, the shirt clearly shows the outline of his biceps. What am I doing?! Zara, concentrate. On what he's saying.

I see him smirk, but he covers it up with a cough. "I have had your computer set up, so that you have access to all the files you'll need. If you need anything else, just ask. Before starting work, I need to show you the main rooms where you will be working."

He stands up and heads to the door. I also stand up and follow him. We exit his cabin and walk down the corridor.

'The main files office is on the 4th floor, in the south wing of the office. The main conference floors are on the 4th, 5th and 9th floors. That's where most of my meetings are, and you will be accompanying me to most of them.' I nod.

We get into a lift and he takes us to the 4th floor. He shows me conference room 1, the office of the files manager, and then the office of the head of marketing. He shows me many other rooms on many other floors, including a library, the director's cabin and many more.

We then head back to the 7th floor, and Zaid shows me a cabin which is right next to his.

'And this is your cabin,' he says to me.