26 ‖ The Unwanted Visitor

As his lips meet mine, my body stiffens and my senses are momentarily paralysed

As his lips meet mine, my body stiffens and my senses are momentarily paralysed. A wave of conflicting emotions crashes over me instantly. Yet, beneath the initial shock, a surge of undeniable longing and desire stirs within me, compelling me to surrender to the moment. With a mixture of apprehension and anticipation, I yield to the kiss, allowing myself to be consumed by the intoxicating whirlwind of desires swirling between us.

Instinctively, my hand finds its way to his chest and I can feel the rapid thudding of his heartbeat underneath my fingertips. I cup the side of his face with my other hand gently and my thumb brushes against his cheeks as I deepen the kiss.

His lips are parted ever so slightly in astonishment, and a fleeting moment of hesitation can be felt as he pulls back briefly but resumes by pulling me in by the waist even closer, pressing his body against mine as he leans back in to kiss me. In the moment of unexpected reciprocity, I can feel my desires being fuelled further, igniting a blaze of longing that I can no longer contain.

His fingers delicately trace the contours of my jawline, as he gently grasps my chin, tilting my head upward to deepen the kiss. His other arm tightens even further around my waist, as if unwilling to let go.

As I lose myself in the moment, a sudden realisation washes over me, a jolt of clarity amidst the haze of desire.

This can't happen.

Yet, I cannot deny the longing that lingers. It is a persistent ache in my chest.

Reluctantly, I pull away from the kiss, my breaths coming in ragged gasps as I try to regain my composure.

As I do so, I can sense his hesitation. A fleeting reluctance in how his fingers linger against my skin, as well as his arms that remain tightly wound around me.

He then leans his forehead against mine gently and I can feel the warmth from his breath seeping into my skin.

"What's wrong?" He whispers, his voice breathless from the kiss.

"This... This is wrong," I murmur, each word laden with a weight of guilt that presses down on me, heavier with every syllable.

Suddenly, shock overwhelms me, causing me to stumble backwards, slipping away from his grasp, as the distance between us widens. He reaches out instinctively to steady me, but I quickly evade his touch, moving away before he can make contact.

Hurt flickers across his features, as seen in the furrow of his brows. His outstretched hand remains in the air for a moment before dropping to his sides in defeat.

"This is just part of your scheme to get me fired, right? Do you want to get rid of me this badly?" My voice quivers slightly.

Yet, deep down, it is obvious that all I want from that question is reassurance. I want to be certain that whatever happened was not just another mistake of his.