20 ‖ I Don't Miss

I can feel the knots form and twist in my stomach as the man looks at me left, right and centre

He cannot possibly know who I am, right?

"W-What do you mean by that? Who is she?" Luke stammers as he asks timidly.

"It's none of your business." The man drops my chin and scowls at Luke, his voice dripping with menace.

Luke gets taken aback but nevertheless, he keeps mum and takes a reluctant step back.

"It's about time we leave before we draw further attention onto ourselves, Aaron." One of the other traitors speaks up courageously.

Aaron then raises an eyebrow at his supposed ally.

"Is that an order?" Aaron questions in disbelief and strides towards the unflinching man who appears to be slightly older than him, probably in his late thirties. Then, Aaron shoves the man harshly by his shoulders. However, the man refuses to budge.

"I'm serious, Aaron. You don't get to call the shots." The man snipes back and stares Aaron down.

It is not hard to notice the thin lines beginning to form around Aaron's eyes as rage simmers within him. He cracks a knuckle and lets out a condescending chuckle but despite his smug outlook, it is evident that he is discomposed by the man's opposition.

Pulling my attention away from their brewing fight, I come to realise that Aaron has stepped away from me and thus, created a greater distance between us. At the same time, the tension between Aaron and the other man had everyone's eyes glued on them such that none of the traitors are paying any attention to us hostages. It then dawns on me that I can make use of this opportunity to free my hands.

As discreetly as I can, I scoot quietly towards Casimir. Doing so earns me burning gazes from both Casimir and Dominic.

Sparing no time, I lock my eyes with Casimir. Confusion is plastered on his face and he narrows his eyes at me, clearly fretful about what I am planning to do next. Nevertheless, I squirm even closer towards him, trying my hardest to remain unnoticed and this results in our shoulders brushing against each other by accident. He pulls back slightly, as though he is taken aback by the unexpected contact.

Come on, do I look like I would bite him? Did he really need to react like that?

Disregarding his surprise, I eye Casimir before looking down at my right front pocket, indicating to him to reach into it.

Fortunately, the traitors were negligent enough to forgo patting us down. As such, they missed my pocket knife.

Seeming to have understood my intentions, Casimir shifts towards me, such that his body is blocking half of me. He tries desperately to reach into my pocket but in spite of how near we already are to each other, he still could not get hold of the pocket knife.