11 ‖ His Name

"You should get some sleep too," Casimir reminds once again

"I'm really not tired." I reply firmly as I cross my arms and lean back against the wall.

After what had felt like hours of journeying, we had finally found Ecrin which according to Casimir, is one of the villages that we have to pass by in order to get to Myrefall. Since it is already nightfall, Casimir decided that it would be best if we rested at the village overnight.

You might ask, why Myrefall exactly?

Well, the last people to see Rosalia are the villagers of Myrefall—the Myrefallions. As such, Casimir believes that the Myrefallions might know of Rosalia's whereabouts.

"Quit being so stubborn and actually get some rest. Tomorrow's going to be a long day and I don't know if we'll get the chance to sleep much. You can't go on for an entire day without sleep." Casimir reprimands sternly.

"And I'm telling you that I don't need to sleep. I'll keep a lookout for us." I retort, frustrated by his incessant pestering.

"How dangerous can a village be?" Casimir questions, giving me a blank stare.

Honestly, how naive of him to assume that he is safe in a village.

"Sometimes I really wonder if you forget that you're going to be the King of Acreria. With you dead, there will be no successor and the Hughes will be overthrown. Anyone can pretend to like you and stab you in the back at any moment. Understand that your life is priceless." I caution in exasperation.

He remains silent then he lets out a sigh and leans against the headboard of the bed.

"I'll keep you company then." Casimir informs indifferently.

Is he really going to try to spite me right now?

"No, you're not. You need to sleep, Casimir." I insist, evidently disapproving of his idea.

"You do too and yet I don't see you sleeping either." Casimir counters matter-of-factly.

I roll my eyes at him and I can feel myself losing my patience. It truly makes me wonder if we are fated foes.

"I am of a different status as compared to you and you need to understand that. It is my duty to ensure you're safe." I explain, trying my hardest to not lash out.

He frowns and crosses his arms, refusing to budge.

Frustrated at his stubbornness, I let out a sigh of defeat before grabbing onto his arm as I attempt to get him to lay on the bed. However, he grasps onto my arm abruptly and pulls me onto the empty spot beside him. With that, I am now staring into his hazel eyes as we both lay on the springy mattress.

The earthy hues in his eyes shimmer under the dim light and I am caught in a daze, incapable of looking away. I am completely and utterly captivated by his cryptic gaze.