12 ‖ Girlfriend

"Did you know that flamingos bend their legs at their ankles and not their knees?" Casimir says randomly once again

"W-What? Where on earth do you get all these from?" I stammer, extremely perplexed by all the fun facts he has shared with me so far.

You'd be surprised to hear that that was not the first.

God knows where he gets all these information from.

Apparently lobsters taste with their feet and dolphins sleep with an eye open.

"That doesn't matter. Why are you so nervous?" I ask, concerned.

Throughout the entire journey from Ecrin to Myrefall, Casimir could not stop fidgeting with the neck rein while riding his horse. Worst of all, he could not stop rambling on about the weirdest facts he somehow knows, which is very unlike his character. The closer we got to Myrefall, the worse his 'symptoms' got.

He lets out a sigh and runs his fingers through his hair, clearly frustrated with himself.

"I'm not exactly expecting to receive a warm welcome from them when we tell them that we are looking for Rosalia." Casimir reveals, evidently troubled.

"Will it really be that bad?" I ask, sceptical of his worries.

"I guess we'll find out," Casimir replies in a dreadful manner.

Soon enough, we reach the gates of Myrefall and Casimir cues for a halt hastily before getting off his horse. I follow suit, though I am confused by his abrupt actions.

We are now standing at the entrance of the village that reeks of ashes due to the culmination of mass burning of wood and charcoal for the recent chilly weather.

"Shall we enter?" I prompt and Casimir sucks in a deep breath before nodding.

Once we step foot in the village, we start scanning our surroundings for the village chief who is supposedly easily recognisable for his crossed eyes. However, it does not take long before we start to receive countless of gazes from the villagers we were passing by. Some appears to be curious while others are worried.

"What's with all the stares?" I whisper under my breath, hoping that Casimir would be able to catch what I say.

"It's because of the way we're dressed. We don't fit in." Casimir points out and it only hits me then that our outfits are drastically different from the villagers.

I have my leather jacket on and Casimir has his inky trench coat draped over his shoulders while on the other hand, the villagers were either in overalls or plain t-shirts.

"Are you guys back here to kill our crops?"

"Why won't you believe us? We've already told you that we don't know where she is!"

"You royals are all inhumane! Leave us alone!"

The dubious stares soon erupt into an incessant chain of protests and complaints.