Tools And Stiches

Barry watched helplessly as Caitlin began to operate. Sebastian's face was resting in a neutral peace and his whole body lay at rest. Bright light shone down on him as Caitlin carefully began to peel open his flesh, revealing the pinkish muscle beneath. Barry took deep breaths to calm himself, he should be used to this kind of thing. Caitlin carefully manoeuvred a long shard of glass out from in his side. She held it up and chuckled. It was quite impressive. The clear piece of glass was covered in dripping blood, but it still looked pretty. She placed it gently on a table that had all of her operating instruments on it. With that, the surgery was finished, all she had to do was stitch him back up.

Sebastian woke with a jolt. He glanced around him in slight panic, he had no idea where he was. Everything was clean and pristine. He was on some kind of medical bed. A sharp pain shot through his side causing him to wince slightly. He figured out fairly quickly that he was in S.T.A.R. Labs, partially because he recognised the room, mostly because Barry was right by his side, "whoa there," Barry raised up his hands as he sat forwards in his seat. He had been waiting for what felt like years for Sebastian to wake up.

"Barry?" Sebastian asked with bewildered eyes, "what the... how did.... what?" He felt so many questions running through his jumbled up brain.

"Relax, we are in S.T.A.R. Labs, you cut open your side with glass," Barry explained, but it just seemed to make Sebastian more confused.

"How did we get here?"he wrinkled up his face, he was still partially under the effect of the gas Caitlin used on him during his operation. His head had an airy and light feeling about it and his world was spinning.

"Charles took you, but I rescued you, then you got hurt so I took you back here," Barry told him honestly. He watched in amusement as it took Sebastian a moment to understand what Barry had told him.

"Oh, did I miss much?" He snorted.

"Just the fact that we managed to send Charles to prison,"Barry replied with giddy delight.

Sebastian snapped into attention, he felt glee spread across his heart, "really?" His eyes glittered with joy, "he is locked up for good?"

"Yup, which means we did it," Barry could feel tears of sheer happiness spring to his eyes, "we avenged Dad Sebastian, we really did,"

Sebastian felt a wicked smile split his face as he high-fived his twin, "we did it together," the pair were filled with ludicrous ecstasy. Relief washed over them, they could relax now knowing that their fathers killer was going to rot in prison for the rest of his days.

Barry huffed impatiently as he and Sebastian stood side by side in a line that seemed to not moving at all. The small room was filled with nervous chatter as people shuffled along at a snails pace. The room was dull and concrete, its lights hung limply from the ceiling, giving off a dim glow. Despite the cold stone encasing them, the room was warm, almost too warm, Sebastian pulled his collar away from his neck and ran his free hand through his hair. He was nervous, but he didn't know why. This was a simple task that he should not have found so daunting, "Barry? Sebastian asked for his brother's attention.

"What's up?" Barry asked as he looked at his brother's slightly downturned expression. He was nervous too. They had been waiting to do this for quite some time. When Barry had first suggested it, he had expected a no. He was very surprised when his brother actually agreed.

"I just wanted to say thanks," Sebastian could feel a smile form on his lips as he stared ahead of the cue. He could see Barry staring at him with kind eyes. He was such a good person, it was almost ridiculous.

"What for?" Barry questioned him. He wasn't sure what was running through his brother's head, it could have been a multitude of things. He just hoped none of them were bad.

"For being here right now," Sebastian replied genuinely. He turned to his brother with a sad smile, "and for everything you've done," he felt his heart squeeze as happiness fluttered through his chest.

"Sebastian," Barry chuckled lightly, "after everything you've done for me, it was the least I could do," he smiled back at his brother as they shuffled forwards in the cue, "we are brothers after all, aren't we?"

"We are more than brothers," Sebastian huffed, "we are twins,"

It was a few hours later when the brothers left the small and dark building. On their faces were smiles of victory and happiness. The sun was high in the sky and cast it's burning rays down on the boys. Sebastian raised a hand to protect his eyes as he surveyed the area. The city was buzzing, hundreds of people pushed past them and hurried away, trapped in their own little worlds. He felt peace swirl around his heart. These people were living normal lives in a normal city. They had no idea that they were walking past the Flash and his twin. It was amazing to think about. Loud cars stormed down the roads and sped round corners, that was definitely a safety hazard, but these people knew there was someone protecting them at all costs.

"Well, you happy now?" Barry asked as a cheesy grin split his face.

"Of course I'm happy," Sebastian laughed, "I never thought I'd live to see the day," Barry could feel joys creeping in his soul. He pulled his brother, abruptly, into a hug. Sebastian was shocked at first, but he slowly accepted the hug and wrapped his own arms around his twin. They stood in peace for a few moments as love wrapped around them, "you okay there Barry?" Sebastian snorted.

Barry pulled away from his sibling with a happy smile, "of course I'm okay, I'm brilliant Sebastian," he smiled mischievously, "or should I say, now officially, Sebastian Allen,"