Top Of The World

Cisco was sorting through some of his old files and ideas. It needed to be done, and he felt low enough to do it. He could feel sadness clinging to his skin. He felt bad for Barry, who was currently trying to find his brother. They had just lost their father again, although he didn't know the ins and out, he did know that Henry had been shot and wasn't expected to live very long. At the thought of Sebastian images began to flash across his eyes. He saw him, it was Sebastian, he was holding a gun at the edge of a very tall building. A tear rolled down his cheek. As soon as Cisco blinked the image was gone. He hadn't had much time to absorb the all details of the image, just the major ones. He knew what he had to do, he pulled out his phone and immediately called Barry. He waited for the other line to open with baited breath, urgency and panic wrapped around him, squeezing him tightly. He knew all too well what Sebastian was about to do and Barry needed to get there before it was too late.

"Hello?" Barry's tired voice cracked down the line. He had no idea when the last time he had slept was, but he pushed onwards. He needed to continue.

"Barry its Cisco, I know where Sebastian is," he rushed out all the words he thought were necessary.

"Where?" Barry voice bit back desperately.

"He is on top of one of the skyscrapers in Central City," he told him. He didn't know what one, but he knew it towered above all of its surrounding buildings.

"Ok thanks," Barry felt his gut clench as he hung up the phone, not bothering to care how Cisco found out, he trusted him.

Sebastian stared at the buzzing city below him, he held the gun limply in his hands, which were profusely sweating. He sighed, he wished that the would all just stop, how could they continue. He just wanted to be at peace. The wind rustled his clothing and fondled his hair. His clothing was still damp from the rain, he hadn't gotten changed, he was still stuck in shock. Warm tears slid down his cheeks. He was a murderer, he had held a gun to his father's back and shot him. He could feel himself drowning in a tsunami of guilt. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think, he couldn't live. The sun shone down on his as he raised the gun, slowly to point at his face, still a short while away though. A gust of air traveled across the roof, "don't," Barry's eye widened in shock as he saw what his brother was about to do. He gently reached out to his brother with his hands, "please don't,"

Sebastian looked over at his brother, he looked exhausted and tired, but grief was written on his face, he considered jumping, or pulling the trigger there an then, but there was no way Barry would just let him die, "who am I kidding, you probably be able to stop me even if I tried," Sebastian mumbled to himself, he had somewhat know Barry would make an appearance. He dropped the gun to the floor with a loud clatter.

"Thank you," Barry said breathlessly, there was a moment of tense silence as Sebastian looked away from his brother, he couldn't look him straight in the eye, "why? Why would you do something so stupid?" Barry asked. He knew his words were harsh, but he needed to know, and it needed to be said.

"Because I just shot our father Barry, I killed someone, I ended a life," Sebastian turned to his brother as silent tears of pain and anguish rolled down his cheeks, "I am an awful person," he spat.

"No, your not aw-" Barry was cut short by his brother.

"Yes I am, Barry, I have maimed, I have tortured and bullied people, I have abandoned my family when they needed me the most, but I never realised how truly awful I was until I shot a human being with a gun," Sebastian reiterated how poorly he though of himself.

"Most of that was in the past," Barry edged closer to Sebastian, who looked like a trapped rat, "and I understand that you only shot dad to save me,"

Barry's heart ached, he could see the pure agony in his siblings eyes as they stared at one another, "yes, but that doesn't make it right," Sebastian took in a shaky breath as Barry stepped towards him warily.

"Maybe not, but you had a good reason and good intentions," Barry tried desperately to convince his brother, who didn't look like he believed what Barry was saying, "Sebastian, please, it's okay, dad is still alive right now and he wants to see you," Barry wasn't the best with words, but his father always knew the right thing to say.

"He does?" Sebastian scrunched up his tear streaked face.

"Yes, he has forgiven you..." Barry trailed off, he was less than a meter from his brother, "I am sorry, I shouldn't have blamed you," Barry admitted, he could feel puddles collecting in his eyes.

"No, you were right to," Sebastian was adamant that this was all his fault.

Barry was close enough, he grabbed Sebastian, taking him off guard and pulled him into a hug, Barry knew that he was talking to someone who pretended to ok, but in reality was suffering agonising pain. Sebastian didn't pull away as Barry squeezed him tightly, too afraid to let go again, "I wasn't right, we can talk later though, just please, let me take you to dad, he wants to talk with you and I don't know how long he has left of being aware," Barry could feel tears seeping into his clothes on his back.

"Okay," Sebastian replied. He could feel the terror of owning up to what he did grip him tight. He was an idiot.