Race To Search

Barry ducked under the police tape and made his way to where Sebastian was already towering over a dead body. Barry had to advert his eyes as he approached it. He had seen a lot of dead bodies, but this one was disgusting. It looked as though the man had burned to death, but there was still a scream stuck onto his face. The legs of the man were a good ten meters away, they weren't burned and lying in a pool of dark, inky black blood. Barry could see shards of bone splintered into the blood and several open wounds on the flesh of the victims legs. It looked at though they had been hacked off with some sort of weapon similar to an axe. "Is this Findlay's normal method?" Barry asked Sebastian as he readjusted his case's strap on his shoulder.

Sebastian turned to him with an unreadable expression, "you would know that if you had read the case Barry," he hissed, obviously unamused.

"As much as I love reminding you how much I hate you, now isn't the time, we have a homicidal maniac on the loose," Barry glowered at Sebastian. He really did hate arguing with Sebastian because he knew he would never win.

"We? There is no we, I have been on Findlay's case for as long as there has been a case so as far as you are concerned, he is mine Barfy," Sebastian hissed at Barry, who could tell that he was still annoyed by his encounter with Joe.

Barry gritted his teeth and took a deep breath, he needed to try and reason with the unreasonable, "well, if you've always been the only on in the case then maybe it needs a second opinion," Barry attempted.

"No, your opinion is invalid," Sebastian grumbled.

"Tell that to Captain Singh," Barry pushed back as his temper began to rise to a dangerous level, around them police officers were buzzing about, minding their own business and taking down notes, the sun was already high in the sky and glaring down on them all.

"Who, the rainbow detective?" Sebastian laughed.

Barry felt anger cloud his eyes as he turned to Sebastian with a nasty glare on his face, "are you homophobic now as well?" He growled in a low and threatening voice.

Sebastian's laughter just increased, "me, h-h-homophobic?" He asked between laughs.

"Are you not?" Barry frowned, was he supposed to know better?

Sebastian slowly calmed down and wiped tears from his eyes, "No, Barry, I am not homophobic, hating others because of their sexuality is not on my bucket list," he grinned in amusement. Yet Barry was far from amused, he was extremely confused and still very angry.

"But hating people because you turned your back on them is?" Barry snapped. Sebastian's cocky grin returned to his face as he studied Barry's features, he was angry, very angry and unbeknownst to him, also very hurt. Barry wanted nothing more than for Sebastian to stop being so difficult all the time. Since he came back, the dull ache that was in Barry's heart without Sebastian had become worse, mostly because Barry had forgotten he existed. Believe it or not, but Sebastian and Barry had been close once, no, inseparable, and Barry missed that Sebastian more than he would ever admit.

"No, that just happens to be my favourite past time," Sebastian never dropped his smirk as he turned to the dead body, cutting off conversation, but Barry refused to back down, no matter how much he despised the current Sebastian, he needed to stop Findlay.

"Well it will have to wait because we have a victim of Findlay Copper, don't we, isn't it strange that you haven't arrested him yet?" Barry stared straight at Sebastian, silently begging him to just oblige for once in his life.

Sebastian put on his game face and knelt down by the body with a frown, "fine, but only till he is out of Central City, then he is mine," Sebastian began to inspect the corpse with a precision that Barry recognised in his own work.

"Fine, what do you think?" Barry begrudgingly agreed to Sebastian's terms. He knelt down to the same level as his sibling and watched him work carefully.

"Well, Cooper only usually burns his victims alive after he has rendered them useless with his powers, but he has hacked off this persons legs, which means he was extraordinarily annoyed when killing the victim," Sebastian notes as he shuffled around the body, taking samples.

"Do you think it was because I dropped him off at the precinct?" Barry asked.

"No, he wouldn't attack and kill because he lost in a fight, he would only do that if he was provoked or attacked," Sebastian explained. That didn't make sense to Barry, this man was obviously a criminal who is devoid of reason. He burned down an entire orphanage of kids.

"So we have a murderer with honour, brilliant," Barry snorted, he was finding it hypnotising to watch Sebastian work, he did things very similar to Barry's own way, it was like watching himself from someone else's perspective.

"Stop saying we," Sebastian didn't look up at Barry as he continued his work, "he was clearly angered to the point of rage, otherwise he wouldn't have gone through this effort," he grumbled, mulling over the many thoughts that attracted his attention, for one, there was no murder weapon found so far and if that was the case then Findlay would have had to take the weapon with him. Using a weapon in the first place was unlike Findlay so there was no possible was he would have taken it with him, "if there was a weapon he used then it will be lying around the crime scene, see if you can find it," Sebastian ordered. Barry narrowed his eyes, he didn't like taking orders, but he knew better than to argue with Sebastian, that was a death sentence. One other thing didn't make sense to Sebastian, why was the body so far away from the legs? The several injuries on the legs suggested that it took a good few swing so chop off this persons legs, so the victim must have lost a substantial amount of blood, the body or legs must have been carried, so where was the trail of blood?