Meowlo From The The Other Side

Sebastian flicked through his file. It had a brown glossy paper on the outside, and it was marked as confidential. He was used to the fresh crinkling of paper though. He surveyed the area, he was outside the back of one of the most notorious night clubs in central city. He could hear the loud music blaring from through the walls. He was in a dead ended and grimy alleyway that had puddles littered across the floor. On one of the dirty brick walls was a heavy metal door that hung slightly open, revealing blaring lights and colours. This case was partially the reason for his secondment, that and the Charles Clarington case, which was a big influence. He flicked through the pages, running a finger over the words. People had been going missing in central city for quite a while now. They had all disappeared around this ally, with nothing but worn out clothing and statements from friends and family left behind.

Sebastian had not been allowed to go out and investigate crimes of a month or so, and it was driving him nuts. All he had to do was admin. He swore that Barry was stalking him, anytime Sebastian was in the office, Barry knew. Sebastian had been avoiding him though, shooting him down when he tried to talk. It wasn't easy, and Barry seemed to be less affected by it than before, which annoyed Sebastian to no end.

He was pulled from his thoughts when an older lady began to walk down the ally way. She had a pink skirt that draped around her ankles and big round glasses that were much too big for her small head. She was slouched over and using a small tripod with wheels to shuffle along at a slow pace, dragging it noisily on the broken concrete floor. Sebastian knew he should help her, she was the type to be attacked around these parts. With a groan he made his way over to her, this wasn't the part of the city that the elderly should be in, "excuse me ma'am, are you lost?" Sebastian asked as he drew closer to her. He noticed that there were several cats hanging a few meters away from her, they were all kinds of colours and sizes, he knew they must belong to her.

"Oh no dear, I know where I am," her older voice crackled, "my mummy told me exactly where to go, she said just follow the alleyway and meet her just outside the big doorway,"

Sebastian felt confusion wrap around him, "your mother?" He asked as politely as possible, he had an idea as to what she was saying, but he wasn't sure.

"Yes, just yesterday she bought me a little kitten, I called it mittens," she giggled, her voice shook with every word she said, "dad didn't like it though, he said that his mum was allergic to them... I think that was a lie though,"

"Well, where is your mum?" Sebastian asked awkwardly, this woman was clearly struggling with mental illness, but he knew that he needed to teeter around the subject of the past carefully with elder folk.

"Oh just at the end of this ally," she smiled, causing her while face to scrunch up like corrugated cardboard, "you know, I think that since you are so nice, you would make a brilliant kitty-cat," she squealed in delight. Sebastian frowned, but before he could say anything, he felt his whole body erupt in pain. He collapsed to the ground as pain shot through his limbs. He felt cracking and ripping and his skin felt too tight. He couldn't breath. He felt himself shrink and morph until he was small, very small. He gasped in air and looked around. Everything looked different, everything was a slightly different colour, mostly hues of yellow and blue, but the most terrifying bit was that he could see through even the darkest of shadows. He looked back up at the lady as he pulled his empty clothing off of himself, he tried to call out to her, and ask her what she had done, but all he heard was a high pitched wail. One that he had heard before, it was all over the internet, it was the sound of a meow. He looked all around himself and began to panic. He had fur, lots of brown fur, and a tail, a really long one too, he couldn't go missing again, not on his first day back. "Do you like it?" The old woman squeak in excitement, "you're a cute little cat too," she giggled before beginning to walk away. Sebastian was stuck in one place. He was in shock. He could feel his tail flick behind him. He was imagining this. He was going to wake up soon. This wasn't real.

He looked around him. There was a pile of his old clothes and a very big looking file. Sebastian knew there was only one way this could have happened. That lady was a meta, and lucky for him, he knew someone that is used to fighting metas. Even if Sebastian really did not want to, he was going to have to go to Star Labs for help. He had a feeling, deep down in his gut that Barry could somehow help him, but he knew it was going to be difficult. Barry would have no idea as to who Sebastian was, he was going to think it was just some rag tag cat.

Sebastian picked up the folder in his mouth and began his long trek to Star Labs. Everything was gigantic, people were terrifying, and they kept on calling for him to come over, but he kept his head held high and padded past them. He hated being smaller than everyone, he was too used to being tall. The worst part was, he looked like a drunk, he kept tripping up over his own paws and getting his tail dirty or caught in things. Being a cat was not easy, and he was not used to it.