How'd That Happen Then?

Barry felt numb, his fingers and toes were buzzing as he stood still in confusion. Everyone around him was celebrating, cheering for their success, but Barry didn't understand how they had done it. How had they won their trial. It was midday on Saturday and the team was prancing around the cortex celebrating and hugging and rejoicing, but Barry was numb, something was wrong, there was no way that Sebastian would loose like that ever. The court had decided they were not guilty but Sebastian clearly had enough evidence to arrest them, however, most of it never even came up on trial. Everyone was laughing and shouting at Barry, he couldn't take it, it was too loud. Something wasn't right, it was all wrong. The laughter and noise just got louder. Barry snapped, "GUYS STOP!" He yelled.

All of them jumped out of their skin and turned to look at him with surprised faces, "what? What's wrong Barry? We won?" Iris approached him slowly with a wavering smile. It hurt Barry that he might have to burst her bubble.

"Yes we did, but how?" Barry asked as confusion laced with panic began to spread throughout his body, he watched the faces of his team drop as they knew it was true too, they just didn't want to believe it. Sebastian should have won, he had enough evidence, but he didn't. Why not?

"Because I didn't have enough evidence and the court found a loophole," Barry swivelled around to see Sebastian leaning against the doorframe of the cortex with a sneer implanted on his face. Barry felt a wave of pride and relief wash over him, Sebastian lost and he was butt hurt. Yet some part of him still knew that it was highly unlikely that he should have won that case.

"What are you doing here?" Barry snarled, "I know you didn't come here to congratulate us," he was not in the mood for any of Sebastian's snark or snide remarks, he just wanted to spend time with his friends.

"Well, you'll be glad to know it is nothing about the trial," Sebastian smirked at Barry's increasing annoyance.

"Then what do you want?" Joe asked for Barry, who was calming down.

"It's about Findlay, he attacked an orphanage whilst we were in court, burned the whole building down with all the kids in it," Sebastian lost his smirk and returned to his serious mode, Findlay was no laughing matter, he at least had the decency to acknowledge that. Waves of shock and horror passed through the room.

"H-he did? So we have another crime scene to investigate?" Barry concluded, his heart sank, he was going to have to leave his friends and spend the rest of his afternoon with charred corpses of unfortunate children and Sebastian. Not that he didn't want to avenge the kids and put Cooper in jail, he did, but he also wanted to be with his friends.

"Yes, and we need to go, like now," Sebastian motioned to the door with an urgency that Barry had seen all too many times before, he was in serious mode, which was a very rare occurrence.

"You couldn't have called?" Barry groaned as he gathered his stuff to leave, he hated seeing Sebastian's face so maybe hearing his voice would be better. It would be like hearing himself.

"Barry, I have avoided and succeeded, to stop listening to your squeaky voice on the phone since we were eleven," Barry raised his eyebrows at Sebastian's half hearted insult, "I don't have your number either," Barry rolled his eyes. The others in the room were watching silently, they were silently hoping that Sebastian would just disappear. Barry was going to reply but a phone began to whistle and buzz. Sebastian pulled out his phone and as his face fell into a neutral position as he looked at the number, "I will meet you there," he mumbled as he left the room.

Barry glanced at Cisco and raised his eyebrows, "one step ahead of you dude," Cisco laughed as he pulled up the audio and video feed for the building. Cisco found the camera that was watching Sebastian very quickly. Sebastian's face was twisted with dread as he answered the phone, "what do you want?" He snarled viciously, Barry and Iris shared a look, it was very clear that whoever was on the other side of the phone was not a friend. Cisco changed the camera as Sebastian picked up his speed whilst walking. Despite his quick speeds, his face fell from anger to shock, "you wouldn't dare," he hissed as he pressed the button for the elevator. Barry was confused, was someone threatening Sebastian? Cisco felt and image run across his eyes, his hands were raised above his head defending himself from a very sharp knife that was glinting in candle light. He just shook it off.

"Is he being threatened?" Cisco asked, only to be shushed by the entire room.

"Probably," Barry snorted.

"But there is no honour in that Findlay," Sebastian snapped as he stepped into the elevator. Cisco changed the camera to the one in the elevator.

"Is he talking to Findlay Cooper?" Joe thought out loud. Barry felt his heart drop, he had always hoped that Sebastian was just a dick and that he wasn't pure evil, but if he was communicating with an evil Meta, then there was a high chance that Sebastian had taken part in criminal activities.

"In four days?" He squeaked, his eyes went wide as it was clear he was panicking, "there are only four days left? Jeez," he ran his free hand through his hair. Barry wasn't sure how to feel, Sebastian looked terrified, Barry hadn't ever seen Sebastian scared before and it was weirding him out. "Okay, I will be there at midnight exactly, don't fret," Sebastian took a deep breath and seemed to calm himself as the lift doors slowly slid open and he strode out. Cisco changed the camera angle again. "Of course I remember where, the good old keystone orphanage," he said as he left the building, his shoulders slumped as he stopped just outside of the doorway, "look I have somewhere to be right now and I need to do this while I can so I will talk to you later, but I swear, if you bring anybody else into this or if you even breathe a word of what is going to happen to anyone, I will find you," Sebastian spat as his eyes narrowed to slits and he strode away out of the cameras range.

Cisco turned off the feed. There was a tense but shocked silence as team Flash came to grips with what they had just heard. "I knew it, he is a criminal," Barry stood up straight, "oh, I am going to hurt him," Barry was about to take off but Joe grabbed his arm.

"Hold up, we can't make an assumption like that," Joe reasoned.

Barry's face twisted in annoyance, "yes we can, he was just talking to Findlay, he is meeting in an abandoned orphanage, he doesn't want anybody to know and he was talking about honour, which is something that he told me that Findlay lives by," Barry yelled, his vision was blurring and hatred fuelled him on.

"Well okay but don't you want to catch Finlay too?" Joe asked, he was remaining calm and collected, just like he needed to be when Barry couldn't.

"Yes of course, but I want to lock up Sebastian much, much more," Barry emphasised.

"We all do, but if you wait four days you could kill two birds with the one stone, we have no idea where Findlay is, this could be our only chance," Joe explained.

Barry was beginning to see reason, "fine, but I won't promise that I won't kill Sebastian before then," he turned heel and left the room in shock. He had a crime scene to get to.