Chapter 17

It was 5 o'clock and Michael was due in an hour. I had already redone my hair, lightly touched up my makeup and got dressed in a pair of blue jeans and an orange crop top. I was disappointed in myself for trying to impress Michael. 'He was only coming over to do school work' I said to myself while adding an extra layer of mascara.

I looked in the mirror another time and fixing my hair on my shoulders before looking back at the time, 5:05. I can't keep doing this to myself! I decided to sit down and watch some television, sitting here and checking the time every 5 minutes will only drive me crazy.

I grabbed the remote and flicked on my small television sorting through the channels before deciding to just put on an episode of Supernatural. I had started again from the first season a few weeks ago and was now up to season 8. I comfortably settled onto my bed before emerging into the world of entities and monsters, and a side of hot boys.

I was so lost in the show I didn't hear someone walk into my room. The bed sunk beside me and I screamed jumping off.

"Hi" Michael grinned widely up at me.

"Uh, h-hi" I stuttered taking a minute to collect myself. "I'll just get my things" I said before walking out of my room and grabbing my school bag from the lounge room. I returned to see Michael sprawled out on my bed like a starfish face down.

"What are you doing?" I asked Michael before getting a muffled replied.

"I didn't catch that"

"I said I'm taking a nap what does it look like." Michael replied facing me.

"Well what about the project?" I asked.

"How about you come here, join me on the bed and we watch...whatever this is" Michael suggested pointing over to my poor excuse of a television.

"How about no! You came here to do the project so can we please do that!" I argued getting more annoyed by the second. Michael laughed at me and got up taking two long strides towards me. He looked down at me with that infamous smirk before wrapping and arm around my waist. "Michael, please" I whispered feeling defeated.

"We are only watching tv, it's not like I'm asking you to take your clothes off" Michael whispered in my ear. "Although, I wouldn't mind that" I quickly swatted him away and dragged my small body towards my bed and climbing on it getting comfortable again in the confinements of my blanket and many... many! Pillows.

Michael soon joined me moulding his body perfectly next to mine, his arm holding me close. I pressed play and rested my head on Michael's chest.

"So what are we watching?" Michael asked just as the 'Supernatural' title played on the screen. "Oooh, cool scary stuff!"

Halfway through the episode Michael started getting fidgety. "You alright Mikey?" I asked softly, still keeping my attention on the show.

'Yeah, it's just my butt hurts"

There was a small pause before Michael shot up. "You called me Mikey!" he squealed like a little girl.

"Yeah?"

"Well, if you called me Mikey you obviously don't hate me anymore!" Michael said enthusiastically before engulfing me in a hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you" He kept whispering still attached to my waist.

I awkwardly peeled Michael away from me and pushed him back. 'If you want me to be your friend you're gonna have to not walk into my room unexpectedly and scare the crap out of me"

'Yes, yes I'll do it!" Michael replied eagerly.

"And" I started getting Michaels attention again.