Chapter 16

There was nothing really special about my daily routine, until Michael came along. I used to not care about my appearance, my hair, what clothes I wore, but ever since Michael barged into my life I've changed. Now he is gone, and I'm back. Alone this time because I won't have Nadia with me and the whole school knowing me as the 'girl who passed out' or the 'girl who hung out with the new boys' but I am back to my normal self.

I rolled out of bed giving a small sigh in my cat's direction before going for a shower. The water hit my back relaxing my aching body from the cold. I turned the faucet off and wrapped the white towel around my body before stepping out and letting the cold air hit me again. Goose bumps appeared on my skin and I rushed over to my closet to find something warm and constricting to wear.

I chucked on a tank top and jeans with a navy green jacket on top. I finished my plain look with my black boots and silver watch. I walked out of my room quickly grabbing my sunglasses and bag and walking down to the kitchen. My mum was the only one up this early.

"Morning" I mumbled before grabbing an 'up and go' from the fridge and an apple for lunch. My mum didn't reply, her face dug into her Ipad, probably looking at pictures of flowers or butterflies to paint. Sadness shot through me thinking about my mother's paintings. She used to use Nadia's photographs to paint; now I have to tell her I am no longer associated with her second daughter.

I shrugged my shoulders before walking out the door looking at my car before realising I left my keys inside. I stood there contemplating whether I should go back in and get them before deciding on just catching the bus. I started down the street shaking my 'Up and go' and popping the plastic hole with the straw and taking a sip of the milky drink that I call breakfast.

I stood there waiting for the bus, my arms crossed to block out the wind. I cursed to myself for wearing my hair down today. The wind blew violently through my hair and sticking to the lip balm I applied earlier.

The bus came rolling down the street; I walked on once it came to a hault and felt many eyes on me as I found my seat at the front of the bus, my head down.

I heard whispers all around me and the tension in the air was thick.

Once I was seated I shuffled around in my bag for my headphones and plugging them into my phone playing a random song loud enough to drown out the sound of the students on the bus. I looked straight ahead so I couldn't get a glimpse of the glares people were giving me, I even felt like the old ladies returning from doing their grocery shopping were giving me judgmental looks.

Once I was off the bus I was quick to get into the school grounds and away from people. I already had the library checked off my list of safe places due to yesterday's events.

I decided to head towards the oval, hardly anyone went there and I know a quiet tree at the very far end I could sit at and not be given judgmental stares.

Unfortunately to get there I had to pass the busiest area in the school and that will most likely mean walking past Michael. I silently prayed that he wouldn't be at school yet and I won't have to worry about it happening.

I swiftly made my way, but came to a stop when I heard two familiar voices. I quickly shuffled around the corner but close enough to hear Nadia and Luke's conversation.

"Luke, what are you doing?" Nadia stuttered clearly frightened by Luke's aggressive demeanor.

"What am I doing? What the hell are you doing, Nadia? Hanging out with Lillian and her little group of idiots?" Luke growled, and it almost frightened me, I've never heard Luke like this, so angry.

"Why would you care? It was only yesterday when you finally decided to talk to me instead of glaring at me like you usually do" Nadia replied

"You don't get it do you? I care about you, Nadia, really I do and I know you feel the same way. So why in the world did you leave me and go with them, huh? Why? Cause I sure as hell would love to know since you left me heart broke! For days, I've been wondering what the hell I did to push you away and then I realised it wasn't me at all! It was you who made the decision to leave so why did you do it?" After Luke's confession I thought maybe this wasn't my business to be listening to, in between them and I felt bad for hearing the things they are sharing between each other. I was about to leave when I heard Nadia's reply.