Chapter 11

The next morning was as usual, wake up, cat on my face, get dressed, have breakfast, brush teeth, go to school. But today was different, I didn't have my best friend to send cheesy messages as I got ready, I didn't have anyone to go to school with. Elena never replies to my messages in the morning and she told me last night she wasn't going to get involved with the drama. That also meant ignoring us both.

Once I was in school I started walking over to the boys, making sure to stay to the side of everyone else and giving way to anyone in my path. I was no longer feeling self-pride, in fact more self-conscious, I knew I looked like crap, boring hair, bags under my eyes and the same old plain sweatshirt and jeans was not flattering at all. The only thing holding me together was seeing Michael again, he always seemed to make me happy. It wasn't until I saw who was with them did that wall of hope break away.

Nadia.

Standing there attached to Luke's hip like a bad cold.

Michael turned around and gave me a sympathetic look once he saw what was holding me back from hanging out with them. He ignored the other boys and came running over to me.

"Hey, let's walk" he said pulling me into the opposite direction.

"What did you have for dinner last night?" Michael asked trying to start up a conversation. I giggled at his childish question; I remember being interested in what my friends ate the previous night in the first grade.

"Why are you laughing at me?" He gasped holding his hand to his heart like his feelings were "hurt"

"Nothing, it was just a random question" I sighed.

Michael shrugged his shoulders, 'So what did you eat, I'm actually quite interested"

"Lasagne" I replied simply looking up at the beautiful boy in front of me. That's right, I have already given up denying my attraction to Michael, I just couldn't get enough of his couldn't care less attitude and scruffy look, his colourful hair and the way he can make me happy just by the thought of him. Am I crushing on Michael Clifford?

-

All morning Nadia ignored me, unfortunately I had every lesson with her. I sat in the back of the library at break away from everyone, leaving reality and venturing into the world of books. That's right I actually went to the library to read, and the fact that it was one of the few rooms in this school with air conditioning.

I squirmed in my seat once I felt the vibration of my phone in my pocket.

Michael- What are you doing exactly 6 pm tonight?

Me- Nothing why?

Michael- You're going on a date with me

Me- Okay :)

Michael- See you then beautiful

The blood rushed to my cheeks as I read Michaels text, he wanted me to go on a date? With him?

Only 3 more hours till school finishes. 6 more hours till my date.

-

Once I got home I ran straight to the bathroom and stripped down hopping into the shower. I quickly washed my body and hair and shaved my legs, can't have hairy legs on my first date. Yes, this was my very first date and I wanted it to be perfect.

I got out and wrapped the towel around myself and walked into my room standing in front of my closet completely lost, what should I wear?

I got out my phone and texted Michael.

Me- Is there a dress code Mr Clifford?

Nearly instantly I got a reply.

Michael- Casual