Chapter 2

Today I did my usual routine to get ready, shower, super cool camouflage, fruit loops, bus. I walked into the school grounds and made my way over to my group. I quickly spotted Nadia's reddish brown hair and decided for a sneak attack.  I quickly stepped closer to her and jumped on her back frightening the living daylight out of her.

"Amy!" She squealed shoving me off causing me to fall flat on my bum.

"Thanks!" I said faking a few sad sobs.

She gave me a small smile and helped me up with one hand. "Now tell me all about the new boys" she said getting all up in my face. "Are they hot? Are they cute? Do they have abs?" she started throwing questions at me.

"What! Yes, yes and yeah sure I casually pulled up their shirts when I met them!" I replied sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes but linked arms with me and started walking me away from our little formed huddle of weird people. We both feel like we do and don’t fit in with them, but decide to keep in contact with them in case one of us is away, which was quite handy yesterday when I was stranded alone.

"We are going to find your friends" She said simply looking straight ahead

"They’re not my friends"

"Yes they are, you are a part of them"

I huffed "Just because I'm Australian and so are they doesn’t mean I'm "apart" of them, what kind of garbage has Elena been feeding you?"

"That you like one of them"

I groaned, of course she did. This is probably the most attention I’ve ever had from the opposite gender and I think it’s getting to my friends heads; they hugged me, end of story.

"We walked around a corner and I spotted them, stopping dead in my tracks I decided to quickly divert my way, in the opposite direction.

"What, is that them?" Nadia asked looking back over to the group of 4 boys.

I didn’t get time to answer when the bell rang. I quickly looked at my friend and walked in the direction of my role class.

The fifteen minute class went by quickly and I was on my way to Math. I silently walked alone just enjoying my own thought. That is until I met those olive green eyes. All my thoughts vanished, I felt like I was trapped, until he looked away. I wanted to stare into those eyes forever, never have I felt like I wanted to unlock every mystery of a person. I quickly came back to my senses. No Amy! You just made eye contact with him, that can’t happen. You’re supposed to be focussing on school and staying unnoticed. Not unlocking the mystery levels of Michael Clifford.

I quickly scurried into class and took my seat next to Nadia.

"You’re like a minute late!" Nadia whispered to me clearly shocked. She has taken notice of the way I try to walk into class in the middle of everyone else, being the second last person through the door today she seemed quite shocked at my lack of perfection.

I shrugged my shoulders not feeling like telling her all about Michael and I's little eye to eye session.

I looked around the room to find Michael on the other side sitting with the dickheads of the class, didn’t take him long to find his place. Was that too harsh?

I laughed at myself. He was literally all that was on my mind, I need a holiday already.

-

"Amy!" I heard an unfamiliar male voice call as I walked through the school on a failed unnoticed attempt to get to my friends.

I slowly turned around to see Luke? "Uh hi" I mumbled not looking at his face. Luke chuckled," you’re really not a people person are you. “For some reason I felt sort of offended by his comment "Yes I am!" I challenged feeling confidence rise up my body. "Okay then if you’re such a people person I dare you to go up to a random guy and ask for his number"

I froze; no I can’t do that, that’s like asking for social suicide on a platter. "I’d rather not" I replied quietly getting a small laugh in return.

"Well anyway, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house for a little after school, maybe bring some friends?" Luke asked switching from one foot to another. What! No, no I can’t accept, no, this is just not happening.

Suddenly I felt presence behind me. "We'd love to come!" Elena said for me. No! This is not what I would have said. I gave Luke a small smile and watched as he turned around and headed back to his band members I'm guessing.

"What did you do that for?" I growled at Elena.

"Well, he was a boy, he was cute and he invited you to his house, the only answer is yes."

I looked down at my feet. There is probably no way out of this, but hey, it’s high school and there are plenty of obstacles I am willing to go through on the way.

"So are you going to invite Nadia as well?" Elena asked as we walked to Art, the last period of the day.

"Yeah, I can’t do this alone" I sighed as we reached the classroom and saw a couple students lined up, including Nadia. "Where were you guys!" Nadia huffed clearly annoyed.

"Oh y'no being asked to chill but a cute guy" Elena answered for me. Nadia's face went from annoyed to shocked.

"And y'no you’re just going to come with us to chill with him." Excitement bubbled up and exploded out of Nadia's head as she somewhat fangirled. This is not good! You can't fangirl over this, no!

All three of us walked into the classroom and took our seats in a line. Nadia in the middle, Elena on one side and I on the other. Unfortunately I was next to a spare seat, meaning anyone could sit there.

I settled in getting comfortable in the tall plastic chairs, god these are horrible.

"Hey look who's in the class" Nadia whispered in my ear pointing over to who was standing in the door way. Michael.

"Great" I mumbled as my eyes followed him all the way to the seat, Next. To. Me! Michael sat down on the seat and pulling it in slightly getting comfortable, who can get comfortable on these darn seats?

I tried to sit facing away from Michael without him noticing my rude action. I took a small breathe in giving Nadia an annoyed look, receiving a smirk from her. "What did you do?" I growled. "Just a little chat" Nadia replied smiling widely.