26.

Addison's P.O.V

I jogged through the morning heat of the sunrise. I could feel the sweat formulating all over my skin. All my mind was thinking about was the way Lilac's lips felt on mine. The way her hips swayed when she walked. The way her smile lit up a whole room. As much as I was falling for her, there was this feeling in the bit of my stomach. I couldn't get close to her unless I told her about Kingsley, which meant my harder times growing up. The way his hands found my body made my stomach turn and my knees weak. I tripped on my footing, but stayed upright. I found myself running through the streets. I was going at a good pace, until my footing got hooked on something and I flew forward, landing straight on my wrists, feeling the gravel graze my wrists. My chin grazed the concrete, causing me to groan.

"You have a habit of running during these hours," My heart broke. The voice made my skin crawl cold.

"Miss me Addi?" He laughed, grabbing me by my arms and pulling me onto my back. In my mind I was trying to defend myself but my limbs wouldn't move.

"Not As fiesty as in the ring huh?" He smirked, sending a fist straight across my face. My head smashed into the concrete. He hit me again twice as hard, blood coming out of my mouth.

"That's for the ring," he laughed, grabbing my bra strap and pulling me up off the floor. I tried to get out if his grip, but her grabbed my throat instead and threw me against the wall, his body colliding with mine.

"You never gave back what you stole," he hissed, spit landing on my face. My heart was racing and my mind wasn't clear. I couldn't think.

"Haven't you done enough?" I spat, tasting the newness of blood in my mouth. He laughed, his finger tracing my lip.

"I decide when I've had enough lil girl," he warned, sending a punch straight into my gut. I groaned, all of the air leaving my body.

"You've already raped and abused me my whole life Kingsley! Fucking stop!"

"Or what?" He laughed, his eyes finding mine.

"Don't make me sat it,"

"You wouldn't dare kill me Addison,"

"Try me," I spat, sending a knee straight into his crotch. He jerked over in pain. I fell to the floor, my throat hurting from his hands. I found a glass bottle on the ground. I crawled and grabbed it, smashing it against the wall before defending myself with it. He had lunged at me, straddling me and sending punches into my face. He choked me, his lips trembling.

"Get on my bad side and I'll hurt the girl,"

"Don't fucking touch my girl," I spat, sending the glass into his leg. He groaned in pain, letting go of my neck. I kicked him off of me and ran as fast as I could. I didn't know where I was running but I knew I had to get away from him. I felt tears welling in my eyes, my vision getting blurry. The thought of him coming close to Lilac made me feel sick. I needed to do everything I could to keep her safe. To keep her away from him. If I had to kill him with my bare hands, that's exactly what I'll do. I'd do anything to make sure Lilac was safe.

I found myself on Lilac's doorstep. I was panting like a dog in heat. My heart was throbbing in my head. The blood in my mouth had dried. Making me want to vomit at the metallic taste it left. I knocked on her door hoping she was awake. In a few moments the door opened. Lilac stood in a white tshirt and mini pink shorts.

"A-Addison," she breathed, grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside. She slammed the door quickly, pulling me towards her bathroom.

"Tell me what happened," she breathed, going through her cupboards. I held my head down. I wanted to tell her. It's just so hard.

"I-I," I chocked, feeling the tears well in my eyes. Stop crying Addison! You're supposed to be strong and independent!

"Addison," Lilac whispered, her hands finding my cheeks. I winced at the slight pressure she applied. Her blue eyes made me feel calm.

"I know it's hard to tell me but please, I don't want people hurting you. It hurts me knowing that someone did this to you," she whispered, tucking hair out of my face.

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't Be Sorry Addison," she smiled, kissing my lips softly.

"Just let me in. I won't hurt you or abandon you. I'll prove to you how much you mean to me. I'll prove how much I care about you and I'll prove to you that I will be here though the pain and the happiness," I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"H-his names K-Kingsley," I choked, feeling very vulnerable and weak. Lilac gave me a small kiss on my forehead, reminding me she's here.

"Growing up, I-I didn't have anything. S-Sometimes I would steal from the wealthy," I looked down, feeling ashamed.

"I stole from his family a-and he found me,"

"What'd He Do?" She whispered, already knowing what had happened.

"H-he wanted to S-steal something from me in return," I looked up into her eyes.

"He stole my childhood and my innocence," I felt the tears fall from my eyes.

"He raped, abused and threatened me daily," My throat was closing up, hard sobs began leaving my lips.

"H-he threatened to come for you," I cried, shaking my head.

"I-I can't let that happen," I cried. She wiped the tears from my eyes and held my face.

"Don't leave me Addison. He won't hurt me-"

"The more I'm around you the more he'll hurt you," I choked.

"Addison, he won't hurt me, we will go to the police or something, but please, whatever you do, don't leave me," she whispered the last part, tears welling in her eyes.

"I can't risk it,"

"Addison please," she begged, so much heartbreak in her voice.

"He won't come near me. If we get the police involved they can lock him up,"

"I don't want to lose you," I whispered, feeling my walls finally come crashing down.

"You won't lose me Addison, I promise you with all of my heart," she whispered, rubbing her thumbs over my cheeks. I brought my lips to hers and kissed her with so much passion and love. She kissed with the same amount. All I wanted was to be happy with Lilac. I can't do that with Kingsley around. I needed to keep him the fuck away from her or else she'll see the true monster that I am.

"I'll catch you Addison," Lilac whispered, bringing me into her warm embrace.