21.

Louis glanced at the clock in the coffee shop, his fingers tapping impatiently on the marble countertop. He had 15 more minutes left of work and he couldn't wait to get out of the small building. It felt suffocating now that he knew there'd be no blonde boy bursting through the door, yelling in that annoying little Irish accent that he'd become so accustomed to. 10 minutes. A customer walked through the doors, forcing Louis to look away from the clock. His foot began to tap the tiles gently, his fingers busy with entering the order. "Have a great day." The voice that came from himself was hardly recognizable, it was lower, drained. By the time he'd looked back to the clock, it was time for him to clock out and the new girl was bustling through the doors. 

"Hi! You must be Louis, the one that Mark wouldn't stop talking about during my interview!" She was so bubbly, Louis could barely stand it, it was almost as if their boss was trying to replace Niall already. 

"Yeah, that's me. And just so you know, new girl, you're supposed to be here at least 10 minutes before your official shift starts to restock the front of the store. Good luck." He clocked out, grabbing his jacket before he stormed out of the small coffee shop, leaving the poor girl staring after him. 

He stared at the ground on his walk home, kicking pebbles and trash on the sidewalk as he went. He didn't want to go home and face Harry with his stupid dimples and pep talks and those irresistible curls. He didn't want to see the one person who would make him happy. After losing his best friend, being happy seemed like a betrayal of the blonde boy's memory. So he didn't go home. Instead, he turned his phone off and went for a walk, wandering all over the familiar town that now seemed so distant. Eventually, he arrived at the park. He couldn't help but chuckle at the memories of himself and Niall here. The many times they'd sat on a bench and ate lunch or went on the swings, having deep conversations about their futures. Hell, his favorite memories were from when they would just lay beneath the stars in silence, no words having to be spoken for them to know what the other had been thinking. Hours flew by as Louis sat alone in the dark with hot tears streaming down his cheeks until he felt like he couldn't cry for another moment. Then he wiped his face with the black hoodie that had once belonged to his best friend before standing up to finally head home. He took his time walking, stopping only once when the walk light showed the red hand. He took a look at the road, seeing no cars and began to make his way across the street. It was only when he heard the strong honk of a car just beside himself and felt the bone splitting impact of the same car hitting his side, that he realized why Harry was always so persistent about turning his headlights on when the sky grew dark.

//

Uhm, yeah I'm a really shitty person. I completely forgot that I had said I'd be updating more often, and I didn't do that... Obviously. But I'm actually really close to finishing this book so I guess I should just do that within the next few chapters (That will actually be out soon because I have a bunch of new book ideas that I want to talk to you guys about so if I don't have a new chapter up by like Sunday, feel free to message me and yell at me) so yeah this is coming to a close but I cannot thank you guys enough for reading this book at all, it's not my best work but you seem to somewhat enjoy it and I really appreciate all the support. Also yes I do realize that was one runon sentence but it was all important. I love you all. xx