16.

Narrators POV
Louis stumbled out from the booth they were sitting at, his eyes welling with tears as he looked at the small tv.

"Turn it up." He pleaded to the waitress who turned up the volume a bit more. The news flashed across the tv, Niall's ID photo in the top right corner.
"A fatal crash on the highway occurred today, killing James Pillard, 20, and injuring Niall Horan, 23. We've been informed that James had been highly intoxicated and had made the poor decision to drive home, swerving into the next lane and crashing into Niall's car which then flipped over and fell into the ditch. When police arrived on scene, James was already gone and Niall unconscious. We'll be back with more information at 8, back to you John." The woman finished, but Louis and Harry were already in the car and racing to the hospital.
/*/*/
"He's my best friend! I'm all he has!" Louis screamed, hot tears streaming down his face as Harry pulled him back as the doctors attempted to calm him as well.
"Sir, I'm sorry but only family is permitted at this time, he just got out of surgery and is in a very fragile state." The doctor said in a almost monotone voice, as if he'd done this a thousand times before. But that didn't matter to Louis, what mattered to him is that his best friend in the entire world might die, and that he won't even be permitted to see him. He wanted to make sure Niall was okay, that his little Nialler was safe and stable.
"HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY FAMILY. I'M ALL HE HAS." Louis bellowed, collapsing against Harry's chest in a fit of sobs and tears. Harry scooped him up in his arms, cradling him as he took him back to the waiting room to do just that. To wait. That's all they could do. And that's what they did, they waited for hours, upon hours, upon even more hours until the doctor finally came out and gestured for them to come over to him. But the scariest thing for Louis was that the doctor didn't once make eye contact as they made their way over.

//////
Hey! Guys, I'm back! And I'm still a dick. And I'm going to be editing through all of the chapters soon just to let you know..
Anyways...
Vote
Comment
Enjoy
Peace and all that jazz... -Dyl💕