18.

I'm writing this is 3rd person from now on and i'll go back and fix the first chapters too..
///
Louis was woken up by a loud beeping noise and the rush of people around him as he was pulled from the hospital room. He was still half asleep as he was pushed into the hallway, what truly woke him was the shout. "Clear!" followed by the obvious sound of a shock.
"Niall?!" He made a move to run inside but he was held back by a tattooed hand. "Harry what happened, is he okay?" He whimpered, trying to peek through the tiny window. "He went into a complete shock, they're not sure what happened to trigger it though." Liam was nowhere to be seen but there was soft sniffles to be heard from around the corner, followed by some mumbling of a prayer. Louis himself was never religious but he figured it was worth a try as he walked over to the crying soldier and plopped beside him. He mimicked his acting and folded his hands together, his head resting on Liam's shoulder as he listened to the whisper of a prayer. He felt a hand on his own shoulder, but shook his head sadly. It was only when the doctors voice pierced through the halls that they looked up.
"He's stable for now, but he's not showing any signs of waking up. We can wait a bit longer, but we'll have to make a choice soon." He didn't wait for a response and instead turned on his heel and walked off, leaving the three boys to wallow and sink farther into their emotions.

This is the end. I'm going to lose my best friend.
Louis sniffled and pulled Harry down to bury his face in his chest. He was broken again, and not even Harry could fix him. And when Liam stood up from his curled position and walked over to the doctor, Louis knew what was coming, it's what he had dreaded from the beginning.
"Don't make him suffer, as his fiancé and only person on his emergency contacts... you can pull the plug." He whispered, voice cracking as he started to cry when the doctor nodded. Louis stumbled over to Liam, slapped him across the face and then pulled him in for a tight hug before walking into the hospital room to watch the line on his heart monitor flatten. Louis didn't know, but he was about to make Niall's worst nightmare come true. He was about to lose his innocence, his sweetness.. he was about to lose himself because he'd lost Niall. And without Niall, the soft, giggly Louis didn't exist.