Chapter Seventy-Three

Start from the beginning

"Harry," I said in a warning -mixed with pleading- tone. I saw him stiffen meaning there's a chance he will listen. Or I'm guessing he will. Let's just pray that he does before I witness a murder right in front of my eyes.

"Harry, let him go."

He didn't listen but he didn't move either. He just stayed there, with Des' shirt in his fists, the glare he was giving him was deadly and I was scared if suddenly looks could kill, Des will just die. "Please Harry," I whispered but I'm sure he heard me. The only sounds were coming from Harry's heavy breathing and my heartbeats.

There were sounds above us. Like boots, hitting the floor loudly with loud 'thuds'. I ignored it knowing it probably was a few of the guards walking around.

After a few minutes of silence and stillness, Harry let Des go leaving him to slide down the wall and catch his breath. Harry stepped back and rubbed his temples.

"He killed her after he found out Meredith wasn't his child. He was angry, beyond angry and found out about my relationship with Meredith's mother. He decided to take something away from me." Des said coughing in between words. I silently begged him to stop since Harry's breathing was getting louder and louder meaning he was getting angrier. "I was finally beginning to love Anne the way I loved Lily. We were a family again but then he came and ripped her away from me. His men killed her, his men raped my daughter, and his men left my son with a nasty scar with a sight of his mother and sister getting tortured." He continued making my heart break.

"He might be dead and I might have lost Anne and Lily, but his men are still out there. I know it and I will rip them into shreds until they can't f-" He was cut off by one of the guards bursting through the doors in panic mode.

"Sir, sir!" He yelled. Everyone looked up to him including Gemma and Hunter. As soon as my eyes fell on Hunter's face I knew, I knew he was crying and that tore me apart. These people were suffering. They were suffering because of me. It was my fault. I was born and it messed everything up. It messed my mother up, it messed Des up, and it messed up everybody.

"What?" Harry snapped at the guy. He looked even more frightened when he faced Harry but soon went back to panicking. He was panting like he was running up and down the stairs like a maniac. I think that was what he was doing.

"Police...cops...M15...killing men...upstairs...they are coming down," He breathed. I saw Des' eyes widen. Everyone was still and frozen. That is until, the sound of the guns going off down the hall echoed throughout the whole house. Everyone's eyes widened, Hunter and Gemma both jolted up, alert.

I tried to get up but I was still tied down. Fuck.

"This is the M15, make your way out now!" I heard a man say. It sounded like how it would sound over a microphone.

"Shit," I heard Des curse under his breath. He stood up and looked at Gemma, Harry and Hunter.

"Get yourselves out of here," He simply said before darting to the door.

"Where are you going?" I heard Gemma say for the first time. Her voice came out croaky but very loud. Is that even possible?

"I'm going to hold them off. They want me, now GO!" He yelled and ran out with the guard. Before he went out of sight, I saw him pull out a gun.

A loud boom came from above us making the bulb that was hanging over me move side to side and made the whole house move. What the hell were they doing, setting bombs? Rocks and small particles of cement rained down on us. I was still struggling to get my hands free.

There were more 'booms' going around and guns shooting making my pulse quicken, not in a good way. I couldn't even hear my heartbeat anymore. I was lucky enough to hear some parts of whatever Harry was yelling.