Chapter Seventy-Three

Bad News: This is the second to last chapter :(

Meredith's P.O.V

Harry mother fucking Styles was my half-brother and Des was my...father.

"You're lying," I breathed trying to assure myself that he is lying or this was a nightmare. The air around me thickened and I felt myself frozen in place. I couldn't move or even think. My mind was clouded and it took me a while to process everything.

"And why exactly do you think that?" Des sneered. He sounded different. It was like something in him broke, he sounded hurt and emotional.

"Because it's not true," I answered staring at my lap. A dry laugh escaped Des' mouth making me unfreeze and stare at him with frightened eyes. I wanted to believe myself. I wanted to think that this was a lie and they were pulling some prank on me to get my reaction but I couldn't begin to believe it. It made too much sense and it went along with everything he told me.

"Of course, you wouldn't believe it."

"Say that I did, after my mother ditched you, you decided to go psycho and kill them?" I questioned. I still wanted to know the rest of the story. But at the same time, I don't. It wasn't shocking, this was affecting Des. Hell, it was doing a good job with me. Even though my tears have dried, I could feel more on their way. I didn't even want to look at Harry's expression. I don't have the guts to look up.

Was he surprised? Was he guilty? Was he disgusted? Was he trying not to laugh?

I didn't know and I didn't want to find out because that will just put me in the weak spot once again. Not that I'm not already there. But I will have a break down again and it won't be nice. This time, puke will probably come with the tears.

"I have many reasons actually. I knew what I was doing but I didn't know your mother was in the car..." He trailed off.

"So, you tried to kill my da-" I cut myself off knowing I couldn't call him dad anymore. Especially since my real father was standing in front of me. Calling my dad, dad was now hard. I knew the truth, well sort of.

"Yes, I tried to kill James. But that was because he went too far," He said. I stared at him in confusion.

"What the hell did he do to you?" I questioned curiosity killing me. I think I would've handled this new information if it was on paper. Des, why couldn't you just send me a damn letter?

There was a silence as Des turned his back to me and everyone else in the room. He looked like he was debating whether to tell us or not. He rubbed his half bald head as a grunt left his mouth.

"Well, what did he do?" I stiffened as Harry's voice echoed throughout the room. His voice was icy cold; cold enough to freeze the blood pumping through my veins if that was possible. I heard Des sigh. He turned around and stared dead at Harry with some kind of emotion flashing in his eyes.

"He killed your mother."

Time froze when those words dropped out of his mouth. My eyes widened and I felt myself go rigid all over again. Next thing I know, Harry had Des up against the wall. Hunter was sitting in the corner closer to his sister. His knees were clutched to his chest whilst his face was buried, not visible. I saw Gemma's shaking hands rubbing slow circles onto his back. She wasn't speaking and she didn't look shocked so I'm guessing she knew everything before us. They didn't bother acknowledging the fact that Harry was basically choking their dad. Our dad.

"He did what?" Harry growled fisting Des' shirt even tighter. I could hear the sound of Des choking and I felt bad for him. I finally got the courage to man the fuck up and say something.