Chapter Seventy-Two

• Dedicated to Everyone who is reading!

Songs for the chapter: 

"Wanna Love You" - Justin Bieber ft. Austin Mahone

"Don't Stop" - 5 Seconds of Summer (This song is tearing me apart into shreds!)

Meredith's P.O.V

The water rolled down my naked body as I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror in Hunter’s bathroom. The bruises having a growth spurt everywhere on my body. I swear, just a few minutes ago before I walked into the shower, the bruises were just scattered around but now they are basically covering every skin of my body. Harry’s hand print was still visible on my cheek making me suck in a sharp breath. The thought of him haunted me, I couldn’t get the facial expression he wore on his face after he slapped me was clear in my mind.

I looked paler than the last time I saw myself in the mirror, which was a long time ago. My hair was in wet ringlets around my face and my blue eyes lost its color. The blue was lost and it was more like gray. I was foreign to the human that was staring back at me in the mirror. I had a huge urge to smash the mirror but I knew that then everyone will think I’ve gone mental and will send me away to some mad house. Now that I think about it, I think that’s better than this. But there was a small, tiny bit of me that wanted to stay. No, not stay. More like wait. I wanted to wait until my next meeting with Des. I was curious about what he knows.

There was a soft knock on the door which echoed throughout the huge bathroom. “Meredith, are you okay?” It was Hunter. A sigh left my mouth before it opened to answer in a weak tone.

“I’m fine. I’ll be out in a few minutes,” I heard myself say. My voice was hoarse and raspy making me grimace.

A faint ‘ok’ went through my ears making me relax. Truth was, Hunter was sweet and he seemed as if I could tell him anything. But that’s what scared me. I trusted him too much. I already went through that with Harry. I didn’t want to go through it again. Especially after everything that has happened.

I shook my head trying to forget about that train of thoughts. I quickly put on the clothes that Hunter handed me before I entered the shower. When I saw that he gave me a pair of panties and a bra, I couldn’t help but blush like mad. I had an urge to ask him if they were used but they looked brand new. The sweatpants were too baggy and I felt uncomfortable in them. I knew they were someone else’s but I didn’t bother asking anything.

I slowly opened the door after putting the washed out shirt over my head. The room was huge with a king sized bed. There were huge windows making me feel like I was in some huge castle. The curtains were drawn making the morning sun shine inside the room, brightening everything. I spotted Hunter’s figure on an armchair with his face buried in a book. Anyone could’ve mistaken him for Harry but Hunter didn’t have any tattoos or piercings. Now that I look at him, I realize that, this is how Harry would look without all his tattoos and piercings. I wanted to look away but my eyes stayed on the human being looking flawless.

Hunter looked up, his eyes meeting mine. I quickly looked at something else which were his lips. They curved up into a smile showing no dimple but still looking beautiful. My cheeks reddened as a thought of kissing him was banging in my head.

God Meredith, you are such a fucking pervert.

I screamed in my head.

“Are you really?” My eyes widened when I realized that I said my thoughts out loud. Who does that?

“What?” I questioned trying to act dumb. This was no time for this. He was my ex-boyfriend’s brother for fuck’s sake. Not to include his father being a psycho ass.