Chapter Three Hundred and Thirteen

-Chapter Three Hundred and Thirteen-

-A Few Days Later-

-Everybody's P.O.V-

"That bitch!" Devin shouted in frustration upon seeing the mess he once called his home. He had known something was wrong these past couple of days, he had known she had been planning something, but he didn't expect her to do something like this. Her tight lip smiles she gave him and his brother should have been the first clue, but he had only brushed them off as her still being in shock over the news of the war. Next was how she would just silently stare, as if observing every little thing he and his brother did—perhaps that was the biggest red flag he could have ever asked for. But, no, he was too late in figuring out what she was planning as he clutched the savings box that usually he kept their funds in.

Skylar had almost robbed them completely blind, quick to pick up in their everyday life patterns—quick to pick up in knowing when they'd fell asleep and when they'd wake up....

...As well as learn where exactly Devin kept their savings hidden...

Silently she had made quick haste that morning in taking as much of their money as she could to help aid her in bribing whoever she could at the harbor. There was also the fact about the missing clothes as well...though Devin barely cared about his ransacked closet or for the reason why the woman would even bother stealing some of his clothing. Although...he had an inkling she thought it would help her greatly in passing through the island without the risk of Marines recognizing her—an inkling that she planned to use the clothes she had taken from him to disguise herself like that of a young man all so she would be able to slip by without notice. No, he didn't about any of that, he only cared about the money and the little bit of food she had taken with her.

Perhaps she could have easily slipped out of the house without any of the brothers waking if it hadn't been for her accidentally knocking something over in the fridge—waking Devin up and confusing the tired brunet the minute he stepped out of the room and watched as she zoomed right on out of his home, one of Shawn's bags attached to her back and hair pulled up before she pulled the hood of her jacket up and over her head. Devin growled as he angrily threw the box in his hand down to the ground, causing what little money was left inside to spill out onto the floor. Sure, she left enough to last them for the rest of the month, but that didn't matter to him because thanks to the mess that this war had caused, the brunet hadn't been able to collect any of the bounties of the pirates that had flooded into town.

"I don't understand...she...she was...these past couple..." Shawn didn't know what to say, hurt by this sudden betrayal. Hurt to find that this woman who had been kind and nothing but smiles towards him and his older brother had now just left them with barely nothing. She took the things they needed and ran, now leaving their food and money supply short to the point that it now worried the blond to think about what they were going to do—his head soon perked up though the moment he heard his brother storm through the house, loudly the cursing the woman's name up and down.

"I'm going to kill her! Break her fucking legs and drag her by her hair to the Marines, filthy wrench!" he snarled in frustration as he gathered up his throwing knives. "How fucking dare she rob us blind, wretched pirate! Who the fuck does she think she is?!" Shawn winced at his brother's frustration—he understood why the man was upset, but still wasn't pleased with what he was saying. Despite being hurt himself, the blond felt that there had to be a reasonable explanation for the brunette's sudden and cruel actions towards them.

She didn't look like the type to rob poor people and leave them to rot, even if she was a pirate with noble blood. No, after what he had learned about the Straw Hats from her—which he was still thankful that she had been willing to quell his thirst for knowledge and wanting to learn all the things that confused him—he was sure that her and her crew weren't like that...