Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty Nine [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Sixty-Nine-

"We're counting on you!" someone else shouted.

"Yeah, tear Moriah a new one!"

"What the hell? The other victims, huh?" Sanji questioned. "It's not polite to eavesdrop!" he scowled.

"Whoa! Sorry about that Mr. Freaky Curly Eyebrows Guy!" one of the men quickly apologized.

"That's a crappy way to apologize!" Sanji snapped as I chuckled.

"Is that rain?" Luffy questioned the moment rain started to pour from the sky the further we walked through the forest and made our way towards the mansion.

"Man, that sure came from out of nowhere" Zoro said.

"Makes everything more eerie, don't you think? A gloomy island full of monsters with rain pouring down—sounds like the plot to a horror novel" I hummed.

"It's really coming down too, should we run for the mansion?" Franky asked when he noticed how what started as a light drizzle was now starting to get harsher.

"Hang on a second, I see something really big by the mansion" Luffy said as he came to a sudden halt. "Over there, it looks like some kind of mark" he pointed.

"Mark?" Franky questioned as we all looked in the direction our captain was pointing in.

"The rain's clearing the fog, I see it" Zoro said as he was now able to easily spot whatever it was the captain was pointing at thanks to the rain helping in clearing the fog. "Is that a flag?" he questioned.

"No, I'm pretty sure that's a sail" Franky corrected.

"What?" we all asked.

"But...this is an island, isn't it? What's a sail doing here?" I owlishly blinked.

"Yes, you're right" the man from before said.

"Hey, why are you still following us?!" Franky, Zoro, and Sanji snapped.

"Right about what?" Luffy asked.

"Like he said, what you see before you is a sail of giant proportions—it's so large that seeing the entire thing at once is quite difficult" the man answered. "You see, Thriller Bark is not the island it appears to be. Believe it or not, it's actually the world's largest pirate ship" he revealed.

"This whole island is a pirate ship?" Sanji questioned.

"The largest one in the world?" Zoro raised an eyebrow.

"Awesome!" Luffy exclaimed with literal stars in his eyes.

"I get it, so Thriller Bark, huh? A bark is a type of sailing ship with three or more mast" Franky said. "But it's hard to believe this entire island is some sort of boat" he admitted, finding it hard to believe in the man's words.

"The back of the mansion is where you'll find the mainmast, it's also the home of Gekko Moriah" the man told us before he finally left and allowed us to continue on with her journey. When we reached the front gates, it was Luffy who was the brave one to push and allow them to creak open.

"Well, here we go, to the ghost mansion" he said. "Hello?" he called out as he just barely knocked on the front doors of the mansion. "Nobodies there, I'm going in" he said when there wasn't a response.

"You didn't even give them enough time to answer" I sweat dropped.

"Hey, give them a minute" Sanji scowled, clearly not liking the rubber man's impatient nature.