Chapter Two Hundred and Fifty Two [Rewritten]

-Chapter Two Hundred and Fifty-Two-

"Hm?" Luffy curiously tilted his head as his interest was now piqued.

"On the other side of the Red Line, at the far reaches of the ocean, is the place that few pirates or Marines have ever seen—they call it the New World" Coby said.

"The New World?" I mumbled as I raised an eyebrow, my eyes stinging as I blinked them, already did they feel dehydrated from the tears I had shed earlier.

"The New World?" Luffy seemed to echo, speaking much louder than I had.

"There's a new era coming and the people who can guide it are gathering on those seas, they say the one who can master those waters will become King of the Pirates" Coby explained. "And I believe that one of these days, you and I will meet on those waters. When that time comes, I'll be even stronger—strong enough to catch you because I promised myself that I'll keep trying" he admitted. "Until...until I become a Marine Admiral!" my smile dropped at those words, not wanting to think back on the conversation shared between Robin and me just moments ago. "No!

"I'm sorry, I got carried away!" he quickly apologized as he stumbled back until he fell on his ass. "Ugh...this is so embarrassing, I just want to dig a hole and bury my head in it—that was really arrogant of me, I got worked up after seeing you again and I just..." his face was flushed with embarrassment as he continued to ramble.

"Coby, you said you're going to fight me, right? Then you will become that strong, you'll have to!" Luffy grinned.

"Yeah, but a Marine Admiral..." Coby trailed off as I tensed up, I really don't want to hear that word right now after everything Robin and me had just talked about. But I quickly calmed down a bit the minute I felt Zoro take my hand and gently rub his thumb against the back of it as if he had just known that I was becoming distressed and was in need of comfort.

"Next time I see you, we're going to be stronger too—a whole lot stronger!" Luffy boasted, causing me to smile as I watched how the pink haired teen's eyes watered upon hearing the rubber man's words.

"Look at that—turns out you're still a crybaby after all, huh? Coby?" Zoro teased as the man wiped at his eyes before quickly bowing before the two.

"I'm truly grateful that I was able to see you again today!" Coby smiled. "Just you wait, we're going to get tougher and tougher! You'll see, next time when we all meet in the New World, farewell!" and with that, he ran away.

"Hey, wait! You two better prepare yourselves because Coby and I are going to blow you away! You hear?!" Helmeppo huffed as he quickly ran after the pink haired man. "Coby, slow down!" he shouted as he tried to catch up with his friend.

"I can't slow down, I'm going to run all the way to the New World!" Coby called back to the blond.

"What?! You lost your mind!" Helmeppo exclaimed.

"They sure seem lively!" I laughed.

"Well, Luffy, you've done it again—you found another powerful rival for our crew to fight" Zoro grinned.

"If Coby says he can do it, then I believe him!" Luffy happily laughed.

-Later-

I lightly kicked my feet in the cool water of the pool, silently listening to Nami and Chopper as the two played around in the water. My fingers carefully and gently tugging at the bottom of the one-piece bathing suit I wore—it was white with black polka dots and, embarrassingly enough, I feared that it was a bit too short even though it fit quite comfortably around my body. Hugging my curves in all the right places.