{twenty}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin    

A/N: Sorry about the really weird, long blanks between updates, I'm juggling around quite a few writing projects (most of them are for uni so... yeah - I'm writing a movie script, an extended article, and a few papers here and there so... I'm a little occupied - but I'm trying to find more time to dedicate to Crave Me). I hope you guys don't mind the longer breaks - I'm trying to also make the chapters more interesting rather than be more of a filler - I hope that shows (if not... well I'll try harder!) but yeah. I'll catch you guys in the next update!

xx

_laciela

------

"How is she?" Ignus asked from outside the room.

"She's fine... just... quiet," Lucien answered as I buried myself underneath the sheets.

"She hasn't had any of those 'episodes' right?"

"No. She's been doing fine – though if it's because of a lack of sleep or because she's- well, shutting everyone out... I'm not sure. Have you tried to talk to her?"

"She shut me out too... I'm afraid you and Dante are the only ones that can talk to her for now. And yeah, I know you can hear me!" Ignus said, yelling that last part. I heard Lucien chuckle before I heard a clap- they probably shook hands. They'd gotten pretty friendly over the past few days – but who could blame them. Ignus and the others had been running non-stop, supposedly covering their tracks. Even Katherine and Desmond seemed to be better off with them. I'd hear them make jokes and talk over dinner – and though everyone has been more than kind, empathetic even, I couldn't bring myself to go out there just yet.

For some reason, every time I thought of Aurelia... my mother... I could see her so vividly, even hear her at certain points, and it made my heart ache in a way I had never felt before.

The door opened and my thoughts disappeared as I listened to Lucien's footsteps padding against the wooden floor. As soon as he got close to me, I reached my hand out and he took it, pressing his lips against the back of my hand before he took a seat by me and I brought myself out of the covers.

"Any chance you'd like to have dinner in the kitchen today?" he asked and I shook my head. He sighed before taking my hand and massaging it.

"What's she like?" He asked.

Lucien knew about what I'd learned. It was hard not to tell him. Not when he walked in on me staring at a bunch of photos all over the room of her. Tears would fall from my eyes without my control. I vaguely remember Ignus and Hera's voices trying to tell me something – but I shut them out. Not because I didn't want the comfort or the explanations they might've provided, but because I couldn't think and I didn't want to. My dad cried too, but I think he was more surprised when I began sobbing. I didn't know where it came from – it just washed over me.

"Auden?" Lucien called and I sighed as I sat up. Lucien then moved to sit beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Feeling any better about things?"

You think? I asked earning a chuckle.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to join me- for a run."

Not really in the mood for exercise, Lucien. I said as I lifted my head off his shoulder.

"Then let me just show you something-"