{thirteen}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin

------

"What business?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

"I'd rather not say it somewhere... so public," he replied.

"...Fine, we can talk in the clinic. Come," I said. Better tell Lucien about this later...

Our walk to the clinic was done in silence. And thankfully, Ignus kept himself out of my damned head. I'm also guessing Lucien and the others were a bit busy... Since no one was speaking or really, linking me, at all today – no one was even bothering to leave any messages via phone. I unlocked the clinic and Ignus walked in as I shut the door.

"I'm gonna go do my work, so go ahead and talk as I go," I said and Ignus nodded as he followed behind me.

"I'm surprised you trust me so much," he commented as I lifted a bag of dog food.

"Carry this," I muttered as I handed the dog food to him, Ignus took it in his arms and I grabbed a cup to measure out the food preparing to serve them to the pups. "You give me the creeps- but something tells me you aren't here to hurt me and I'm willing, and perhaps stupid enough, to trust that something." Ignus simply shrugged in response as I began unlocking the first cage, petting the little shih tzu inside before placing half a cup of food in.

"Well, I'm not surprised. After all, why would a psychopath pay your sister money to hurt you when he could do it right here, right now?" He commented. I turned and stared at him, and from the casual look on his face, it seemed obvious that he was joking. It still didn't sit well with me though. "Too soon?" He asked.

"Definitely," I said as I continued to feed the rest of the dogs. "...Why did Quietus have a burn mark?" I asked.

"So that they don't kill him," Ignus replied in a relaxed tone.

"They?" I asked as I emptied yet another cup into a bowl, patting the head of the dogs as I also checked on their water bottles. "I'm beginning to get very confused."

"I would be too, if I spent my life growing up with the wrong species," Ignus said as he put his fingers into a cage and one of the smaller dogs came to lick him.

"At least the dogs don't hate you. Also, species? What's wrong with the werewolf-"

"Nothing's wrong with them, explaining would take quite a bit of time and I don't think I'd have enough."

"Okay..." I murmured as I filled the last bowl. "Put the bag back where we got it and grab the cat kibble – oh and two cans," I said.

"I'm beginning to feel like I work here," Ignus commented as he turned around and placed the food down.

"Thank you for being cooperative."

"You're welcome, although, I bet you have a ton of questions you aren't asking," he said as I heard him pick up the bag of kibble. He walked over to me and handed me the cans.

"Thank you," I said as I took them from his hands.

"Why canned?"

"The kittens we got aren't quite used to kibble – and one of the other cats have a hard time digesting the food," I explained, not really knowing why.