{seven}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin

------

Lucien who's this? A voice asked in my head.

Bailey, this is our new Luna- my mate.

Nice to meet you Luna-

Auden. I answered and I looked up at Lucien.

Nice to meet you, I'm Bailey - not really much in this pack but I'm a good cook! I laughed.

Nice to meet you.

"So I take it, you've joined us," Lucien said with a smile as I lifted myself up, propping my body up on my elbows.

"It has been a long long time since I've linked with someone other than my family..." I said with a smile. I pressed a kiss on his cheek before I stood up.

"That's it?" He asked as I took my seat back.

"Did you want more?" I asked and he shrugged before he wrapped his arms around me- I turned to retort and he placed his lips against mine- just grazing it briefly before pulling away. He chuckled in response as he made his way out the door.

"And where are you going?" I asked.

Work.

And what about me? He turned.

Come.

I smiled before I picked up the last bit of my waffle and followed him out.

———

I watched as Lucien took a seat in his chair. I sat across him on a leather armchair and he opened up his drawer before he fished out a few papers. He handed them to me.

"These are a list of businesses we run in the main city, the next folder has some stuff in the nearby village. Pick one you're interested in and I'll give you a workload."

"...How many businesses does Umbra run?"

"To keep this place running and keep our pack fed - about four main ones - though we get some money for side-jobs and 'affiliations'..."

"What do you mean by affiliations?" I asked.

"We work with two other packs in the U.S.," he said, not clearing anything up for me.

"What packs?"

"Well, I guess one pack and one... strange little organization, but that's not something you should worry about just yet - so far we run back-end jobs and less... violent dealings."

"Okay, my mind is going wild, are you guys like the mafia or something?" Lucien laughed.

"Not us, but the other guys we work with may be."

"...Can you stop with the vague answers?"

"I don't think I can," he said with a smile and I glared at him.

"Do you guys run a veterinary clinic?" I asked and he thought for a moment.

"No, but I think Katherine can help you with that - speaking of Katherine... she's asking if you needed help setting up your phone, says she can do it for you no problem," Lucien said and I nodded.