{sixteen}

CraveMe © 2017 Nique Joaquin

------

I could smell something warm... and it isn't me mixing up my senses... I knew from the smell – something that was attracting my attention like a magnet. I sniffed the air looking for it, the smell of pine around me faded away – nothing else mattered. I could smell it – it was far away but I could sense just how far it was. I opened my eyes and found that the sun had just barely risen. The smell was there though and I couldn't find myself thinking of anything else.

I stood up and walked to the windows and pressed my hand against the cool glass. I traced my fingers across it... I dragged my fingers across the trail – locating the scent against the landscape of Umbra territory. I licked my lips as I located it drawing circles on the single spot against the window... I tapped on it lightly. Right... there...

"Auden?" I jumped awake, my eyes immediately looking to the source of the voice, only to find Lucien propped on his elbow beside me.

"What?" I asked and Lucien shook his head.

"You were mumbling in your sleep," he said and before I could react, he caressed my cheek. "You feeling okay?" I paused for a moment.

"...Oh," I murmured before placing a hand on his neck and pulling him down to me for a kiss. He growled against my kiss and I gently nibbled on his lower lip before tugging it lightly and releasing it.

"We better go before I lock us both in here," Lucien said in a low voice.

"Mmhmm... Doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me..." I trailed off and Lucien chuckled, kissing my neck lightly and peppering kisses across my collarbone before lifting himself off me. He touched my hands that were still on his neck, he sucked on my palm and kissed it, tracing his teeth across it before placing it down and walking away to the bathroom.

I grinned as I got up, suddenly realizing how sore I was.

"Oh I am not okay," I muttered earning a loud laugh from Lucien in the bathroom.

I got up and quickly tugged on Lucien's shirt before stretching my arms out. I walked over to the windows and smiled as I took in the view. I caught sight of a few running werewolves out on the territory and I followed their path. It was only then that I realized that there was a stream of fingerprints on the window that remained from the fogged up glass.

"Are you gonna shower or what?" Lucien asked from behind me as he kissed my neck and I jumped before I melted at his touch.

"Definitely shower. Wouldn't wanna have Lana ask about why I smell so much like her brother, now would we?" Lucien laughed before I skipped over to the bathroom.

*

*

*

I folded my arms as we gathered inside Lucien's office. Katherine, Desmond, Xander, Lana, Lucien, and I all stood around a large table that was set up. On it was a map that was laid down by Xander – it was of the entirety of Umbra territory. Usually I'd expect these maps to be dated – but the map looked like it was professionally graphed and marked.

"The attack happened around here," Xander said as he took a marker and encircled an area about a kilometer away from the pack house.

"We've had pack members circle this area," Desmond said, guiding his fingers along the outer edges of the map. "Came up with not a single trace-"