{eighteen}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin 

------

"How many times has this happened?" Ignus asked me after he had finished pacing for the nth time around the room. We were in the living room now and Ignus had come down as quickly as I sent the message.

"Once," I said with a shrug.

"That's not possible. It takes a while for anyone to contact remotely," Ignus said, running a hand through his hair. "Do you remember any kind of similar experience?"

"No..." I trailed off.

"She's been mumbling in her sleep a lot. Though I haven't been able to make out exactly what she's been trying to say," Lucien pointed out, Ignus shook his head.

"Since when?"

"Just the past two days or so," Lucien said and Ignus groaned.

"Shït."

"What?" I asked. Ignus seemed to be lost in thought, his body had tensed up, a crease had formed between his eyebrows and his jaw was clenched.

"I'll be right back – I need to speak to Hera and Dalton."

"Okay-" I said just as Ignus walked off.

It didn't take long before Hera, Dalton, and Ignus appeared in our room. Ignus also seemed to have called Desmond and Katherine – and now we were all basically having a meeting in the mini-living area of our bedroom. Katherine stretched her arms up and yawned – she was dressed in some leggings and a large shirt – she had probably just woken up. Desmond was already dressed in a buttoned down shirt and some jeans – he looked like he was ready to go to work at the clinic. Hera and Dalton were wearing their clothes from yesterday – and now that I thought about it, so was Ignus.

"We didn't know whether or not to tell you or have your dad tell you himself – but since we're slowly running out of time..." Ignus said – but for some reason his voice seemed to be fading away.

I could feel a frigid cold hit my body, climbing up my arms and legs – paralyzing me. I could hear someone breathe slowly – saw flashes of a landscape of snow and forest. North.

Ignus can't hide you for long. A distinct deep male voice said. I shivered but felt something even stranger, a warmth spread out from my chest and the smell of something familiar – almost nostalgic – hit my nose.

Find me. You know you have to.

"Auden," Lucien boomed beside me. I jumped at the sound of his voice and turned to him. Despite the harshness in the call of his voice, his eyes revealed worry and concern. Ignus cursed under his breath. Lucien nodded in Ignus' direction – as if to give him permission for something. I watched as Ignus walked over to me.