{seventeen}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin    

A/N: Again, unedited - I'm jam-packed with readings so I'll get to editing sometime later. Why does uni do this to me. 

Anyways, enjoy!

-------

I led the group towards Ignus and the others. We had to cross over a highway and into territory that was just barely outside of the border. I scrunched up my nose as the smell intensified – a human carcass never really appeals to anyone and it definitely doesn't appeal to anyone when it's not even recognizably human. I heard Katherine almost retch.

"Shït," Katherine cursed as she covered her mouth. Lucien grimaced and Desmond shook his head.

"Do you think they meant for us to find this?" Lucien asked, looking to Ignus, who looked to be buried deep within his thoughts.

"Probably," he replied before looking to me. "Smell anything different?" I shook my head.

"Would you mind if I tried something?" He asked, looking to me before looking to Lucien as well. The two of us glanced at one another before we nodded.

I watched as Ignus walked over to me and produced a small glass bottle, barely the size of his pinky, from his pocket. He opened it before handing it over.

"Take a whiff of that," he said and I stared at him for a moment before I proceeded to do as he asked of me.

The smell was heavy, despite being such a small bottle, I grimaced. It was a sickeningly musky kind of smell that reeked of cedar – deep and heavy – and definitely not my favorite smell.

"What is that?" I asked.

"An old acquaintance loved it," Ignus said with a shrug before he took the vial from me and closed it up. "Smell it anywhere else now?" I looked around and sniffed the air, feeling a little bit like an idiot as everyone watched me.

"No," I replied and Hera nodded.

"Good," Hera said, "That rules out one of our suspects."

"Not exactly, it rules out the possibility of him being here," Ignus said and Desmond cleared his throat.

"Who are we talking about?" He asked.

"Someone we're not quite... fond of."

"Well that's vague," Katherine said and Ignus shrugged.

"Can't exactly let us spill our guts to you just yet, we're not exactly best friends," Ignus said in his usual tone. "Anyways, we're gonna have to clean this mess up for now, we're not gonna find whoever killed him."

"How useful of you," Katherine commented and Ignus smiled at her.

"If Auden can't sniff it out – neither can we."

"And why's that?" Lucien asked and Ignus simply grinned.

"How about we tell you later?" He replied earning a sigh from Hera.

"He means we'll tell you when we're not around the body – it's not exactly appropriate or necessary – and we've been out here too long," Hera explained.

I stared at the body and sighed. Guy was innocent.

Probably. Ignus replied but when I looked at him, he was already talking to Lucien about something. Hera on the other hand had taken Dalton's hands and was talking to him. Desmond and Katherine walked over to me.