{fifteen}

Crave Me © 2017 Nique Joaquin

A/N: I was gonna update earlier - but I fell behind this week... I will post a surprise at the end of this chapter tho... which you may already know if you have another book of mine in your library.  Also - I haven't edited this yet. So please, if you spot anything, tell me and I'll get right on it!

------

I woke up early the next morning and crept out of the room before sunrise. When I made it out, Xander was still asleep on the couch with Lana holding onto his hand as she slept beside him. I smiled before I crept upstairs. I walked up to the top of the cabin and shoved on my boots before making my way outside. I hadn't spotted Lucien anywhere, which made me feel a little nervous. He could be anywhere. But it's not like I was going to sit still when I had the opportunity to learn more about... I guess, myself. I took a deep breath before I threw my hair into a ponytail and headed outdoors. I jogged my way out of the forest, feeling relief as the cold wind hit my face.

The sun was barely even up as I got to the nearest town. I walked quickly, occasionally switching to a run as I moved through the town. I eventually reached the beach side, after my cheeks had felt like they were made of ice and I had to run into a small, and thankfully open, store for some warmth.

You up? I asked, as I served myself a cup of coffee, quickly paying for it at the counter.

The beach front, huh? Ignus asked and I rolled my eyes as I walked back outside.

Was it that easy to guess where I was going? I asked.

I could practically feel you run in the direction. I will be there soon.

Good. I said before as I quietly sipped my coffee. I walked down and sighed as I saw my breath scatter in a thick mist before my eyes. I continued my walk until I found myself right in front of the beach. I took a seat on one of the benches and watched as the sky turned into a brighter shade of blue as the sun began to rise, giving enough light to at least color the sky.

I heard a car park nearby and turned my head. Sure enough, Ignus walked out of the car, making his way over to me and taking a seat beside me.

"Things didn't go down well with your Alpha friend, I suppose," he said with a chuckle.

"Someone was on Umbra territory after that conversation. I'd say having permission to meet you is off the table... But I have questions I need answers to."

"Then ask away," he said and I turned to face him. "Dalton and Hera scolded me for not taking our first meeting all too seriously."

"Right..." I muttered. "Anyways, I want you to tell me as much as possible- and I mean it. If you want to, you can tell me what I can and cannot share with Umbra or Lucien for that matter."

"Some things are better seen than explained," Ignus commented. "But I'll tell you everything you want to know and more."

In silence, of course. Ignus said and I nodded.

Of course.

Ignus walked away just as the sun had risen to a fair peak. It was much later in the morning now. People were beginning to appear, cars were driving by, and it became clear that our conversation was no longer safely private. But I learned enough for today. I turned just as Ignus started the car. He nodded and waved and I did the same as he disappeared. I tapped my empty coffee cup against the bench before standing up. I threw my cup away and sighed as I shoved my hands into my pocket and walked off.