Chapter 6: Stalking

Star's POV

After dinner and knowing that we we're going to have dinner with Marco's family tomorrow night, I went to my room where I ranted to my pillow about Marco.

"Ughh I can't believe I'm going to see him tomorrow! That selfish, mean jerk! I hate him! I said sorry a bunch of times, returned his book, and what did he do? Nothing! Ughhhh why is this so frustrating?"

I said throwing my pillow from the other side of the room. Then all of a sudden my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Sup Star"

"Janna? Is that you?"

"Yeah, I told you I'd call you"

"Okay but how did you get my number?"

"Uhhhh...magic?"

"Uhuh sure"

"Anyways what's up any plans after school tomorrow?"

"No, I can't go out after school."

"Awww why not?"

"Overprotective mom"

"Oh is everything okay you sound like my dad when kids make fun of him for not wearing pants out in public."

"Oh everything's fantastic, I was just informed that me and my family are going to Marco's house to have dinner tomorrow night."

I ranted.

"Oh..."

"I don't know what to do! You told me to stay out of his way and now my parents think that we should become friends."

"Can't you just tell your parents you can't come?"

"I can't lie, I'm bad at lying especially to my mom. I'll just try my best to ignore him."

"Okay Star, I have to go, bye"

"Byeeeeee"

As I finished talking to Janna I went to bed.

Marco's POV

After dinner, I went back to my room and freshen up to go to bed. But I couldn't sleep, for some reason I wanted to continue to learn more a bout Star and her family. I took out my phone and kept reading her bio. Surprisingly, she doesn't have any social media accounts. Are they hiding from something?...maybe but not sure. There's only a minimal description about her and her family but they seemed interesting. As I kept reading about the Butterfly's life, I fell asleep.

----TheNextDay----

I woke up with my phone still in my hand, realizing I fell asleep and forgot to charge it. It was 6:52, I'm gonna be late for school! I rushed downstairs while putting on my hoodie.

"Good morning, sweety."

"Mom why didn't you wake me up, I'm gonna be late!"

"Oh but you look so peaceful when you're asleep."

"Mom! I gotta go"

"But your breakfast?"

"I have a breath mint in my pocket, bye"

I closed the door and ran as fast as I can to school.