Chapter 5: Dinner

Marco's POV

I did'nt take long at the skate park especially since Star told Jackie how I feel about her. I went home to my room trying to forget everything that happened. Then all of a sudden there was a knock on my door. It was mom.

"Hey, we didn't notice you arrived. Is everything okay?"

"Nothing, mom I'm fine."

"Marco, I know you, I'm your mother. I know when something's wrong with my child, so tell me."

"Well there's a new kid at school and she destroyed my project, beat me at Spanish class and worst, told Jackie I have a crush on her"

"Oh-wait did you say new kid...Star?"

She looked nervous.

"Yeah why? How'd you know?"

"I met Star's mom the other day and talked, they are a very nice family, so we invited them to dinner tomorrow night."

"What? Why!?"

"To welcome them to the neighborhood and beside you need other friends beside Janna."

"Mom I don't need other friends, and why her? Besides she hates me."

"Are you sure she hates you or you hate her?"

"Well..."

"Sweety before you judge anyone by there first impression try to understand them first. You'll never know you and Star could have a lot of things in common."

"Fine..."

"Dinner's in 15 minutes"

She said exiting my room. Then I start to reach my phone at my back pocket. Starting to search (totally not stalking) about Star's family. It says with a picture of her parents that she's the only daughter of a... BILLIONAIRE!?! As I was reading this information I nearly fell off my bed. What is a crazy rich family doing in Echo Creek!? They are one of the richest family in the world, they have a company called 'WAND' that stands for 'World Association of New Discoveries' they study planets, glaxies, heavenly bodies and many more...that's kinda cool at least I know where she get her cute name. Wait-what? Did I just called her cute? Then as I was scrolling down on her bio I come across pictures of her...she is cute What am I saying!? I don't like her...i like Jackie...well I want to like her...as a friend but... I acted like a complete douchebag earlier, I don't think she'll forgive me. What should I do? Then suddenly the door opened while I hid my phone at my back.

"Marco dinn- I'm sorry was I interrupt in you"

She said looking at me noticing I hid my phone behind my back so she wouldn't see it.

"Uhh no mom, I'll be right there"

"Okay dear"

Star's POV

"What!? We're having dinner at the Diaz's"

"Yes I think it's time for us to meet new people and besides the Diaz's have a son. Why the surprised expression?"

"Because I met their son, Marco. The one who I ran into earlier and destroyed his project by accident, he hates me!"

"I'm sure he doesn't Star, you could be great friends just give him a chance."

"Uhh fine"

Great, just great. I thought I could stay out of his way.