Tactics

Sakura was over the moon as she left Sasuke's room. She was happy that she finally sorted everything out with him. She was also happy that he has finally came back to his senses, well except the fact that he still wants to destroy Konoha. Sakura was inattentive thinking about Sasuke's improving personality that she didn't even pay attention to Itachi who was standing in front of her room.

"Sakura! We need to talk" Itachi said as Sakura approached him. He wished that smile doesn't fade from on her face but they needed to move on with the case.

"Please make it a good news" Sakura said not feeling delighted with Itachi's serious face.

"I'm sorry Sakura, it's no good"

"What happened?"

"Tobi copied the sword" Itachi said with a low voice. He explained to Sakura the whole process of copying things that he learned from Tobi and told her about his real attempts. Things just got more complicated in times they need to show signs of development.

"Can things possibly get any worse" Sakura said stomping her feet on the ground "Did he only copy the sword or he stab Jiraiya with it as well".

"I don't think he's the culprit but I still can't trust him"

"Itachi we need to do something" Sakura begged unable to control her tears "This guy may just ruin everything?" Sakura sobbed as she fell on the floor "please stay by my side "

Seeing Sakura in that state, Itachi recalled the night of the massacre and the state Sasuke was in. When Sasuke saw that terrible view of his dead family, he cried, sobbed, squealed, just like Sakura. Itachi frowned at that awful memory. There's no way he's repeating the same mistake twice.

"Of course I'm with you Sakura" Itachi kneeled down to her level "Just don't panic and everything will be alright".

"There's one more problem Itachi"

"What is it?"

"Pain's plan that wasn't part of our plan" Sakura said "And Sasuke, he's going to side with him for sure"

"Don't worry about Sasuke. I got him" Itachi said with slight smile.

"What do you mean? What happened?" An oblivious Sakura asked.

Itachi is really an unpredictable person, he helps without being asked. Sakura was too concerned about how to convince Sasuke to get rid of the idea of destroying the Leaf, but Itachi did the job perfectly without breaking a sweat. He convinced his little brother that it's unfair to blame the whole village for a crime Danzo alone committed without telling the hokage or the council. In the end Danzo was put in his right place. He was expelled from the council, he no longer has any authority.

"Itachi?" Sakura whispered.

"What is it Sakura?"

"There isn't something you can't do, is there?"

Itachi laughed at her silly comment "There may be something I won't be able to do" Itachi said "I may not be able to convince Pain to delay this mission until we progress with this case"

"Should we just go talk to him "

"Absolutely " Sakura nodded eagerly.