First hint

Sakura and Itachi walked silently out of the lab and went to where Sasuke and Kakashi were sitting. Sakura looked extremely concerned that Kakashi was able to notice that. He refused to ask her any questions, fearing to cause any situation.

"What took you so long?" Sasuke asked both Itachi and Sakura "What happened?"

"Nothing serious, just making hypotheses of to whom this sword could belong" Sakura answered coldly.

"Sakura! You don't believe it isn't mine, don't you?" Sasuke said as he looked at sakura who was trying to avoid his stares.

"There is nothing to worry about Sasuke, everything is fine" Sakura gave him a fake smile, then made her way out of the hideout.

"What is this all about, Itachi? Is she keeping something secret from me?" A concerned Sasuke asked his older brother.

"No, Sasuke, nothing is kept a secret from you, but still we need to talk about something" Itachi said to his younger brother, then he turned his gaze to Kakashi "Kakashi! There's a lot you need to do in Konoha because if we go there, we may bring you troubles"

"What is it? Just tell me" Kakashi asked.

"First of all, we need you to take back the sword since our job with it is done and if possible ..." Itachi hesitated for a while "Find a way for an autopsy permission. Sakura is insisting on doing that herself"

"Okay, I'll do my best, give me that sword, and we'll keep in touch" Kakashi left the rest of the work to be done for Sakura, Itachi and Sasuke. He decided to trust them, but he's still worried something bad may happen. Kakashi left the hideout and went back to the village, hoping that everything would run smoothly.

"Itachi! What do you want to tell me?" Sasuke asked.

"Oh, that! Uhm... Eversince you left the village, have you ever fought against someone and you beat him, but he didn't die?" Itachi asked.

"Oh well! There are those prisoners of the northern hideout, Tobi and Deidara and many others." Sasuke answered "Why are you asking? Why do you need to know this?"

"Because whoever framed Sakura may be after you as well" Itachi explained.

"But who could it be?" Sasuke kept asking

"That's what we're going to find out"

___________________________________________

"Sakura! You'll be joining Tobi, Konan, Deidara and Itachi for our next mission" Pain addressed to Sakura.

"And what is this mission about?" Sakura asked, hoping he won't say what she hated to hear. Ever since she, somehow, joined the Akatsuki, she knew that their main goal is to destroy the hidden leaf, but she never thought it would be too fast. What was worst for Sakura is that Sasuke is still on the 'bad guy' team and that he would undoubtedly join forces with Pain to destroy Konoha for the sake of his brother. Sakura was just too worried that Sasuke wouldn't be of help anymore.

"Okay, you got this!" Sakura said with a confident tone "But we have a little something we need to talk about in private".

The meeting was dismissed and everyone went to have some rest before they depart the next day.
Itachi however did not go to his room but to Tobi's. He knocked slightly on the door and walked in when he was given permission.

"Tobi! For the second time in my life, I need you to help me. A real help this time" Itachi requested from Tobi.

"What is it, Itachi?"

"Don't team up with Pain" Itachi requested "I'm not either"

"What's with the sudden change, Itachi?" Tobi asked curiously.

"I no longer have a reason to act like a criminal, Sasuke now knows the truth behind the massacre ... I've gone so far just to protect him, and you know that, but now I'm siding with the village" Itachi paused for a short moment "Without Pain knowing".

"So I finally have a teammate?" Tobi said.

Itachi was quite confused, hearing that from Tobi. He didn't actually understand his attempts. What Itachi understood was that Tobi he needed a teammate, and he finally got one. But how is that possible?

Tobi explained to Itachi that joining the Akatsuki wasn't for the sake of destroying Konoha, but for Pain mainly. Tobi's moto in life was to gain power as long as he's living. He, in fact, wanted Pain's Rinnegan.

"So it would suit your goal to work with us for KONOHA and against PAIN" Itachi asked precisely.

"Of course Itachi! His Rinnegan got me all overworked that I even had to create this to fight him" Tobi said as he held a black sheath.

"What the hell is that, Tobi?" Itachi asked in great shock.

"Looks familiar, right? Now, not only your brother owns this amazing sword" Tobi laughed evilly " I do too".