"Come on Jay. Let her rest. If mom ever finds out that you're here, she'll put us both on a one-way flight to Madagascar. So come on."

"No, I can't leave her. I love her Sebastian and I can't see her in this state and not be by her side. I need to be there for her. Please don't make me leave, please."

"If you want to protect her, then you need to rest yourself. You're covering from massive breaks and injuries. So come on little bro, I got you. I promise that I'll bring you to her when she's awake."

"Did you know that it was because of her that I woke up? I heard her voice telling me to come back and it worked because I came back. So I just want to help her too."

"I know the feeling. Come on now, you need to rest. The doctors will be here any minute now to check on you."

"Bring me back to her ok?"

"Sure thing."

And with that, they left, leaving my in my broken state of mind.

Someone else opened the door. A guy in a suit.

He looked at me, sighed, then closed the door.

Oh well.

Guess people got too tired of seeing me on a hospital bed.

I guess I can continue on my own.

I just want my mommy. And dad. Oh my God. My soul is crying tears of blood. I can't lose my parents! I simply can't, because I don't know what I'll do without them. How will I survive?

I can't let anything happen to them. I can't!

I have to stop being the girl everyone picks on.

I need to stop being a pushover.

I need to stop waiting for someone to save me.

I need to fight this.

I don't know how I never realized this, but looking at my lifeless body just lying there with tubes after tubes protruding from it gave me a harsh wake up call.

I look vulnerable.

Weak.

Like a true damsel-in-distress.

I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen!

I started screaming at my own self to wake up and to snap out of it!

Wake up!

Snap out of it!

Wake up!

Snap out of it!

"Alexis, please wake up. Please. Please..."I faintly heard Sabrina tell me. And I do just that, I wake up.

I willed myself to wake up.

I did that.

I squeezed her hands since this breathing tube was still plugged into me; painfully so.

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the blinding white light.

I mean, we're in a hospital where people lose consciousness all the time, can't they at least make them dimmer so that when they open their eyes, they don't feel the light rays burning through their corneas?

Damn.

Sabrina's head snapped to my direction. A look of relief washed over her face.

"Lexi!! You're awake! Thank you dear Lord! Thank you.." she trailed off, bawling her eyes out.