The Predictions

"Stop it!" I yelled. "You're going to kill her!"

No one flinched when I yelled. No one even looked my way. Although, when I looked at Miss Lillie, I saw a small smile on her face. "Zaphara, perhaps that is enough?"

Growling, Zaphara looked over at Miss Lillie and then she looked at Mazel. "I wasn't going to kill her anyways. Just scare her." She let go of Mazel, who fell to the ground, glaring and gasping for air. "Next time, I will not hesitate to go the next step. Now, sit down, shut your fucking mouth and do not piss me off!"

Mazel glared at Zaphara and nodded. Her face was regaining its color, but her face seemed to have aged a bit. That's weird.

Zaphara was about to say something, but she stopped and looked at Anthony. Miss Lillie and Mazel did the same. They nodded their head and Miss Lillie spoke, "Anthony is right: Lucifer thinks he can persuade Raven to choose his side, I've seen it."

"If she chooses evil, does that mean that the veil between heaven and hell and even earth will be weakened so we can travel anywhere at any time?" Zaphara asked, looking hopeful.

"You can travel to earth anytime, Zap," Miss Lillie said. "So, can I. Mazel can't though. But, if she chooses good, we will all be damned for eternity and will eventually all parish, within the year."

I guess Anthony spoke again because everyone looked at him. How come everyone can hear him, but I can't?

"You're right," Zaphara nodded. "We need to convince Raven to choose our side. We cannot let Heaven win." Zaphara looked at Mazel. "That means that we need to make her feel welcomed, trying not to kill her."

"There is no way I am being nice to that bitch," Mazel growled. "She does not belong-"

"Excuse me Zaphara, Anthony, I need speak to Mazel outside." Miss Lillie stood from her chair and pulled Mazel out the room with her.

I stood in the doorway, and listened in to their conversation.

"Why the Hell did you do that?" Mazel hissed.

"Zaphara was going to kill you if I had let you finish that sentence," Miss Lillie rolled her eyes.

"I was just going to tell her that I am not going to be nice to someone who may or may not be the One."

"Mazel," Miss Lillie sighed, "she is the One. Did you not see the mark on her wrist? Lucifer has the same exact mark on his arm. He wouldn't have given that mark to just anyone."

"It could just be a coincidence," Mazel whispered.

"Do you honestly believe that, darling? Do you honestly believe that he gave this girl his mark and then spent ten years watching, following, and observing the same girl for ten years for no good reason? Even you are smart enough to know that Lucifer would not waste his time and breath over some girl. Besides, the fate of the world is so close now, that if his decision about Raven is wrong, we are all screwed."

Miss Lillie and Mazel kept talking, but I had stopped listening. He gave me this mark? I looked at my arm. This same mark that looks like an 'f' to me? He did this? Tears started to form in my eyes. If he was the one who gave me this mark that means- Oh my God! He was the one who killed my parents! He was there that day! He is the reason all of this is happening to me! This can't be right. There is no way that he-

"Are you sure?" Mazel asked.

"I am positive," Miss Lillie sighed, nodding her head. "I predicted it, didn't I? I even predicted this day. I painted this day, I knew the events."

"But-" Mazel started but was interrupted.

"Mazel, let it go. He did not make a mistake. I was there when her parents died. I was there when they wanted to save her instead themselves. I was there for everything. Being there was the only way I could make sure that everything was going according to plan."

To plan? What plan? Oh my God! Did Miss Lillie put a hit out on my parents?

"Why would someone want to have her killed? Why didn't they finish the job?" Mazel asked.

"The day I painted the picture of that day, I got two outcomes. One, the world coming to an end that year and the other was the prophecy coming true. I knew I had to make a choice. She was destined to die that day and I changed it. I painted the picture for the parents to die and told Lucifer about it. He knew the decision they were going to make. He knew the risk."

The words, Miss Lillie and Lucifer killed my parents kept running through my head. If she hadn't of intervened they would still be alive and I wouldn't be in this mess. At that moment I felt something that I thought I would never fell towards anyone: absolute terror. I am surrounded by the most dangerous people on Earth. Everyone here is a killer. I am going to die down here if I stay. I need to get out of here.

"Why would you do that? Why let her be the One? Why not anyone else but her?" Mazel cried.

"Because you were already dead by the time this event happened. There was no way you were going to be the One," Miss Lillie said in a bored tone. "No more questions now. Let's go back in and keep your mouth shut. I will not be able to stop Zaphara next time."

"Wait, let's say that Lucifer made a mistake. Like truly made the wrong decision and was actually following the wrong girl around for ten years. What would he do to her once he figured it out?" Zaphara asked.

"That's simple," Miss Lillie said before she stepped into the meeting room. "He'd have her killed."

(1011 words)

Started: 11-5-17
Ended: 11-6-17
Updated: 11-7-17

----

Okay, I want to start off by saying that this chapter took so long to write. It was just...I can't even begin to describe it. It literally wanted to make me cry. So you all are going to have to forgive me if this chapter is a bust. I tried as hard as I could and after talking on the phone to a friend for so long, this is what I ended up with. 

Okay, moving on to talking about this chapter. What do you think about everything that Miss Lillie said? I mean she was involved with the killing of Raven's parents after all? What?! I do want to admit to all you beautiful readers, that this chapter is not how I wanted it to go. I was hoping for something else to happen in this chapter but...it is what it is. 

Anyway, I really hope to see and read your comments. 

We have 48 days until Christmas which means that I am no where near reaching my goal of 50,000 reads on this book. I still need 22,625 reads. If I can at least get to 30,000 reads, I would be sincerely content. 

If you want to help me reach my goal, please remember to share, comment, vote, and talk to everyone you can about my book. I seriously would appreciate it. 

---

Love you all!

Mama Rivers